ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yanoo Stiff Shift

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Hi guys

I have a 2005 Clio 182, and have just purchased a Ph1 172 shift assembly (for the gear knob).

I plan on getting this fitted soon, but would like to order a Yanoo Stiff Shift first to fit at the same time.

Which version do I want? Bearing in mind I'll be fitting the Ph1 172 assembly (not sure if there are any difference). There is a V1.0, V2.0 and V3.0 on the website?

I will order the brass bushes to fit as well, and I'm not sure as to whether the stiffer ball insert is required or not? If it will fit then I will order that too, but read a few people saying it fitted their car, others it didn't?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Oh, and how do I order all this? On the website? Or is Yanoo a member on here?

Thanks

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Cheers for the advice. Have just sent him a message on here, so I'm sure he will be able to sort me out and answer my questions.

Ash

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, ordered v3.0 comes with stiffer ball and brass bushes for £76

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Agree, I fitted v3 and brass bushes. Also tried short shift and hated it. Brilliant kit from yanoo

I have a scienic shifter in my clio but the Bush is quite spongy.
So if I purchased the stiff shift v1 that would cure it? You swap the rubber out for this solid unit?

Would really be happy with that.

Easy to strip the unit and fit one?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have a scienic shifter in my clio but the Bush is quite spongy.
So if I purchased the stiff shift v1 that would cure it? You swap the rubber out for this solid unit?

Would really be happy with that.

Easy to strip the unit and fit one?
Assuming that they're the same size ball mate, yeah fit the stiff shift and happy days.

Very easy to strip the old unit and for a new one as well. You won't be disappointed let's put it that way!

@Yanoo will be able to confirm if his kits work with the scenic shifter

Assuming that they're the same size ball mate, yeah fit the stiff shift and happy days.

Very easy to strip the old unit and for a new one as well. You won't be disappointed let's put it that way!

@Yanoo will be able to confirm if his kits work with the scenic shifter
Yeah. It sounds great.
Bit annoying as I fitted the modded shifter, which i love, by the b joints loose as hell. My original ones super tight.

With this fitted Should transform it. Thanks

I'll await confirmation, a price too if you have one yanoo. [emoji5]

Yeah. It sounds great.
Bit annoying as I fitted the modded shifter, which i love, by the b joints loose as hell. My original ones super tight.

With this fitted Should transform it. Thanks

I'll await confirmation, a price too if you have one yanoo. [emoji5]

Yanoo's kit does work with the Scenic shifter for a 15% shorter throw

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's great news. Will get one soon then.

Easy enough to fit? Do you just remove the circlip from under the ball joint and it pushes out? Any guides floating around?
Yanoo will send you the guide when it's on its way to you. It's a very thorough and detailed guide too, fitting it doesn't take too long at all. It's a bit labour intensive but I'd say an hour max to build it up. Then another hour to fit to the car. Something like that.

Yanoo will send you the guide when it's on its way to you. It's a very thorough and detailed guide too, fitting it doesn't take too long at all. It's a bit labour intensive but I'd say an hour max to build it up. Then another hour to fit to the car. Something like that.
Thanks for the info buddy.

I've officially put it on the to do list [emoji41]

Will any Megane Scenic shifter do?
I think so mate.
But there's a user on here, ash something (there a a thread on here), who does modified ones..... I've got one. I'd say it'd be worth getting that one over standard scenic

He does 3 thing to it. Its angled back further, has a longer bottom end (which reduces the throw) and something else too.... it really is so so much better than standard shifter!

so I'd imagine the standard scenic one compare to the modified version would feel a bit pants with a longer throw and further towards the dashboard for reach.
Add in a yannoo stiff mod and I'd say it'd be amazing. I'm planning on fitting stiff shift to mine.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Seven years later, does anyone know where you can get these stiff shifter bushes from today?
The actual Yanoo stiff shift kits are no longer available as far as I know. I believe , sadly Yanoo passed away :(

However as hopgop1 says above, contact plees for brass bushes, these are the bushes which go at the bottom of the shifter and do improve shift quality quite a bit imo.. especially if your old plastic ones are the originals!

C63 PPP Estate
The actual Yanoo stiff shift kits are no longer available as far as I know. I believe , sadly Yanoo passed away :(

However as hopgop1 says above, contact plees for brass bushes, these are the bushes which go at the bottom of the shifter and do improve shift quality quite a bit imo.. especially if your old plastic ones are the originals!
That’s sad. Sorry. Explains why I’ve not had responses to emails

C63 PPP Estate
The brass bushes? Believe @plees makes these, sure he can confirm if they'll fit a Yanoo kit.
Cheers for that. I’ve got an scenic gear stick to go in so it’s currently totally standard. I’m looking to just improve things enough for fast road and occasional track day 👍