ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yes or no to small plates??pics

I know there has been loads of these thread, but what do you think to smaller fornt plates, Yes or No?

anyone been pulled and fined for them? (yes i have done a search)

bearing in mind the car is totally standard so might look odd?

now:

P1010192.gif

after:

P101019s2.gif

Mercedes C Class Sport
Yes IMO, a 3/4 plate would look the business. Not een pulled but i keep spares in the back so if i do get pulled i can immediatley change for the fuzzz

A4 Avant
I loved my front one. Got pulled within a week of fitting it. Hadn't been pulled previously in the last 6 years. I've gone back to std.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had a tiny motorbike one on my Evo, Never got pulled for it at all.

You could just get a standard font but get it cut down to an 11mm border (the minimum legally) - then it looks smaller but you are safe from plod ;)

Picture249.jpg

blueyfrontintake.jpg

28.jpg

Look great, the only reason my car doesnt have them now is because off the hole in the paintwork the origanol plate has left

mk4 golf gttdi180
go for it but only on the front so it aint that bad when you get pulled ive got one on my offroader only because the standard size wouldnt go any where without looking stupid

Audi TT 225 Quattro
small plates look wicked imo, ive not been pulled for mine yet and ive had it a few months now....
DSCF2565.jpg

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
they look crap on cars that have an indent for the regular sized plates.... like most clios do.

Yeah thats exactly what I thought. As I was tempted to get one. Well that and the fact the stupid dealer drilled into the bumper to secure the numberplate.

Mercedes C Class Sport
If you have standard font but just a smaller plate, your much less likely o get pulled IMO because fancy font attracts more attention

172 Cup (Iceberg)
Aren't them black and silver plates illegal? I was under the impression that they were only legal on cars that had them in the first instance i.e before 1973 or something like that!? Could be wrong though?

they look crap on cars that have an indent for the regular sized plates.... like most clios do.

Yeah thats exactly what I thought. As I was tempted to get one. Well that and the fact the stupid dealer drilled into the bumper to secure the numberplate.

um yeah...thats the only thing that is putting me off now, might just order one and see what it looks like!

If you have standard font but just a smaller plate, your much less likely o get pulled IMO because fancy font attracts more attention

ooh i like your plate, i know you got it from fancyplates, but what size did you order, is it just the 3/4 option? and im guesing it isnt standard font?

E91 M Sport
If I were you, I wouldn't - not enough benefit (on a non-sport model) vs. the likelyhood of a fine .Having said that, they do look better (but ONLY if you keep the legal font).

350z.jpg