ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another vibration issue..

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
So let's start the story since last spring when I had an accident. a pretty nasty one. about 4k were spent to fix the car, the left front end was damaged (headlight, lower arm, subframe, front bumper, a small dent in the roof above the upper corner of the door, and some other smaller stuff, as you can imagine)
The car had it's chassis straighten up, both lower arms replaced with OE bushes on them, new subframe, new antiroll bar with new poly bushes, new shocks-front and rear (one of the fronts was obviously damaged in the crash so decided to replace them both), k-tec solid engine mounts, k-tec solid strut mounts plus other stuff involved.
I was desperate to get the car back in shape and wanted badly to make it go in a straight line as you can imagine, so basically everything related to the tracking and some suspension components are new as I said.
The result:
after a few months (5 to be more specific) the car came out and was pleased with the way it drove, amazingly the tracking was better than before the accident, so everything was ok
Now the winter is here and for the moment I'm running winter tyres on the front (195/50 r15) with 15" steel wheels (6,5j 15) bought new last winter from renault (they are the meggy 2 steel rims).
The car drove perfectly with this setup last winter and this one also untill a few days ago. A vibration appeared at around 85 mph and kept on going till 100 when it got worse and I stopped. Checked the bolts to make sure they were tight, had a look at the wheels to see if something's wrong but nothing came out. I can't remember to hit any pot hole in the past with these wheels on so can't imagine why suddenly this vibration came up.
I'll have the car inspected tomorrow as I'll get another 2 winter tyres along 15" rims on the back and see if anything has become loose. Any suggestions till then are appreciated :)
P.S: sorry for the long story!