ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yo

Mazda 3 MPS
Hey, my name is Eliot, and i'm looking to get a Clio 1.6 over the next few months. (I take it you accept people here that have less than a 2 litre :p)

I currently own a Fiat Punto mk2b '53 1.2 8v (slowwww) and want to get something much quicker. Ive had many people telling me that there is no point getting the 1.6, and just to get the 1.4, what's you opinion? I will be getting one on around a '53 plate.

I really like the look of the Clio and can't wait to get one.

Any advice muchly appreciated!

Cripple.

Mazda 3 MPS
Well, parkers recons the power increase isn't worth it.

I think it will be. What sort of power could I be getting out of the 1.6 and with what mods?

Modding a Punto's engine is easy. Standard 1.4 16v is 98hp. Add GSR, Remap, and Cat back SS exhaust and you would have 135.

What stuff would you recommend for the clio?

Thanks for the welcome.

Cripple.

Well, parkers recons the power increase isn't worth it.

I think it will be. What sort of power could I be getting out of the 1.6 and with what mods?

Modding a Punto's engine is easy. Standard 1.4 16v is 98hp. Add GSR, Remap, and Cat back SS exhaust and you would have 135.

What stuff would you recommend for the clio?

Thanks for the welcome.

Cripple.
ok the generic response is
''subtle mods and save for a rs (if thats the channel your following...)
clear side reps if you dont have any
silvervisions
a slight drop maybe 40mm on springs
16'' 172 wheels
no point in engine tuning mods because the car will always be ''slow'' maybe an induction kit for abit of sound but thats it really''

p.s. 135 would be classed as slow on here
:rolleyes:

Mazda 3 MPS
Bear in mind thats from a 1.4 not a 2.0.

And I meant performance wise. Not styling, but thanks anyway.

And I have no idea what an RS is or Silvervisions.

I will not be getting an RS. I am 18, and am quite happy with getting the 1.6. It's going to be shed loads faster than my current car anyway. (60bhp).

Cheers.

Cripple.

Bear in mind thats from a 1.4 not a 2.0.

And I meant performance wise. Not styling, but thanks anyway.

And I have no idea what an RS is or Silvervisions.

I will not be getting an RS. I am 18, and am quite happy with getting the 1.6. It's going to be shed loads faster than my current car anyway. (60bhp).

Cheers.

Cripple.
performance, tbh its hard to extract more power from a clio without spending alot
rs = renault sport
silvervisions = detangoing
Before
DSCF1829.jpg

After :)

DSCF1833.jpg

Mazda 3 MPS
Ahh. The good old detangoing.

I take it those spotlights will be interchangable with the normal ones on the 1.6?

Cripple.

Mazda 3 MPS

I think I will stick with this. It's either this or a 206 1.6 with the same power but slightly better mpg and tax.

Are the lights interchangeable?

Cripple.