ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yoko A539’s

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 25 July 2005

A539s on my 172 Cup are without fault.

Theyre progressive on the limit, and break away very gently. Ultimate grip level may be down compared to other brands, but when theyre this user-friendly, you get to use more of whats available to you more of the time.

Downside is theyre no good in the wet, but HELLO, ITS WET FFS! Wet performance to me doesnt matter, I just drive slower.

Of all the brand name tryes A539 are the worst. Yes wet wether is mailto:cr@p">cr@p so "dont drive fast" its about safety if you need to break in the wet then your going to crash with the A539s.

It seem cost is the driver for your choice, if so then get Toyo T1r the latest ones they are quite cheep.

It amazes me people spend money on suspension / brakes etc then put sh*t tyres on and can not use it the performance "saftey". "Not aimed at the thread originator"

Anyways good luck in your choice, we can only give our advise. All tyre tests have shown the the A539 was last in term of performance.

[Edited by EVOgone on 25 July 2005 at 2:15pm]
WTF :confused: ? Do I know you? Where did I mention cost above???

Why are A539s "better" than Exaltos IMHO?

Compare the front left outer shoulder of my A539 to the front left outer shoulder of Lees Exalto when we were at Brands in May - his had tread blocks disintegrating and coming away from the main tyre carcus (sp?)...the A539s on my Cup were just nicely scrubbed. The treadblock size/pattern/shape on the A539 lends itself to working well at high temperatures without overheating and falling apart.

The fact that they can be had for little or no money makes them even more appealing...

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 26 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 25 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MarkCup on 25 July 2005

A539s on my 172 Cup are without fault.

Theyre progressive on the limit, and break away very gently. Ultimate grip level may be down compared to other brands, but when theyre this user-friendly, you get to use more of whats available to you more of the time.

Downside is theyre no good in the wet, but HELLO, ITS WET FFS! Wet performance to me doesnt matter, I just drive slower.

Of all the brand name tryes A539 are the worst. Yes wet wether is mailto:cr@p">cr@p so "dont drive fast" its about safety if you need to break in the wet then your going to crash with the A539s.

It seem cost is the driver for your choice, if so then get Toyo T1r the latest ones they are quite cheep.

It amazes me people spend money on suspension / brakes etc then put sh*t tyres on and can not use it the performance "saftey". "Not aimed at the thread originator"

Anyways good luck in your choice, we can only give our advise. All tyre tests have shown the the A539 was last in term of performance.

[Edited by EVOgone on 25 July 2005 at 2:15pm]
WTF :confused: ? Do I know you? Where did I mention cost above???

Why are A539s "better" than Exaltos IMHO?

Compare the front left outer shoulder of my A539 to the front left outer shoulder of Lees Exalto when we were at Brands in May - his had tread blocks disintegrating and coming away from the main tyre carcus (sp?)...the A539s on my Cup were just nicely scrubbed. The treadblock size/pattern/shape on the A539 lends itself to working well at high temperatures without overheating and falling apart.

The fact that they can be had for little or no money makes them even more appealing...
Hey its pay your money and make your choice, everyone is offering there advise and concensus on this, MANY other threads clear point to the PE2 is the best all round road tyre backed up by all the tyre testing in all magazines.

"Cost SEEMS to be a driver as at the begining of your post you mentioned the price" This relates to the originator not you.

My comment to you were regards to wet weather performance which everyone agrees is crap.

A539s are just cheap yokos... great in the dry, no so in the wet!

Spend some more coin n get AVS Sports, awsome all round weather tyres with shed loads more dry grip and excellent drainage in the wet, they come as standard on the Aston Martin Vanquish FFS! ;)