ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire Steak Night - March

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So, the southern one looked a decent laugh, so I think a Yorkshire one is in order!

I think a Thursday evening in March would be best for it.

Just wanting to know who would be interested, where people might suggest, and when people are available.

I've had a post on the facebook group and a few places have been suggested.

• The Old Post Office - Pros are they do any size steak you want, have reasonable prices and are handy for everyone, Cons are they were a bit awkward at the most recent meet and we go there a lot...

• Cattlemans in Harrogate - Pros are they do loads of steaks, not too pricey, Downside is location, out of the way for everyone

• Fazenda in Leeds - Pro's are its all you can eat and looks awesome, comes recommended too plus its a good location, Cons are its £26 just for the main, I dont know how much people want to spend, thats fine by me but maybe not for all? Tbf it's cheap considering what you get.

• The Ryther Arms - This is near Tadcaster, so it's a little out of the way but we could do it on a Sunday daytime and make a proper meet of it, including a decent drive in the morning. Steaks to suit all budgets. Only downside is the location, but if we do it on a sunday I see it as a plus! - This is the one I'm favouring.

Any thoughts?
When you'd be up for it?
Budgets?
Recommendations of places central to Yorkshire if the above do not suit?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Bare in mind with the Ryther Arms you will have to book well in advance to get a table, especially on a Sunday but it does have a nice sized car park.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Location and date depending I will be there, everyone from the Yorkshire lot seemed quite nice at TOPO. Plus it's worth it just for the drive :)

Oh and the earlier in the month the better, I tend to spend the majority of my wage in the first few days LOL!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a drive and the ryther arms is the one.

Steaks start at £13.45 which realistically is not much more than a nandos ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If its the Rhyther Arms, I'll have to give it a miss on a week night as it is pretty far!

Nah, if its the ryther i'll make a proper meet of it and do it on a Sunday.

Based on whatever people say in here I'll put a meet together and a thread up at the weekend.

Glacier White RS200
depending when it is ill be there.. put a few names to faces :)! and prob take a second mortgage out lookin at those prices ;)

FF RB 182
The smallest steak is enough for me as you get loads of veg and potatoes or chips with your meal at the Ryther arms and I do have to say their onion rings are the best thing EVER! The only thing is the car park opposite isn't a proper car park, it's full of rocks and pot holes. Like Jim says would probably have to book as it is only a small pub, it depends how many go. Would be nice to go to a meet thats just on our door step :)

FF RB 182
Just had a thought, mothers day is the 18th (I think) of March, Can't see you getting booked in for that Sunday