ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

YouTube/Windows Movie Maker....

GR7

Shiny red R32
I've got Windows Movie Maker but have never used it before so I thought I'd have a go at putting up a group of pics and upload a tune to make a little video. I've added pics and music, but the tune is 3mins 39secs long and the pics only last for less than two mins!!! Can someone please explain how I can lengthen the time the pics show to about 7 secs each, so they last the same time as the music?

Thanks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
technology chat?

you can click on the pics and slide the legth of tiem they stay in the 'movie' so to speka on the tiemline at the bottom. if i recall it is all drop and drag etc. so you just move a few bars around down there tbh.

172 Cup
technology chat?

you can click on the pics and slide the legth of tiem they stay in the 'movie' so to speka on the tiemline at the bottom. if i recall it is all drop and drag etc. so you just move a few bars around down there tbh.

This is GR you're talking about... ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32
technology chat?

That doesn't sound too clear to me... blonde female! Not techy minded... like Griff said! ;)

What bars? I saw timeline and clicked it but it played the music and moved the pics... too quickly!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
meh-1.gif

like that^^^

i have circled the salient points in red. :)

GR7

Shiny red R32
Thanks Seb! :) I clicked 'show storyboard' it then said 'show timeline' which is where I got lost!!! :S
I need to know how to change the time (which looks like 5 secs) to 7 secs please. I can see a thin blue line and a black one bottom left and I can see the buttons beside your Simpson pic example... but I don't know what to do next! How do I slow down the speed that the pics are moving please?

Sorry Seb!

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you will get a red icon pop up instead of the mouse pointer. you can then hold and pull the picture out along the timeline to make it last longer.

as you can see next to the sebby simpson picture the dude in the arab outfit and shades is much lnoger.

GR7

Shiny red R32
At last!! I've got the timing and pictures to line up and I've saved it as a movie.

Where should I save it? On my computer? If so how and where?
Also how do I put on YouTube please?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you need to convert it from the moviemaker file into a movie format of sometype.

i can't recall it all from memory at this late hour... but i will have a look at it tomorrow for you if you like.

if you have it saved as your movie file just give it a go!

GR7

Shiny red R32
Thanks for your patience Seb! I've tried to upload it to YouTube but it's maybe too large because for the past 5mins it's said "connecting" and nothing's happening!!

Edit: It's OK Seb I've sorted it now. MANY THANKS for helping me! :)

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
indeed, youtube may well have a limit to how large a file you can upload... How large is the fiel you are trying to upload?

tbh youtube has been uber rubbish for me tonight so they may be having problems.