ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Youview

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Was looking into one of these myself but heard mixed reviews so gunna wait for a few months for the bugs to be ironed out.

BMW F21 125d
I work for TalkTalk and once they've got FTTC in my area I'll be getting that and YouView too, mainly as its free and it'll save me a packet from what I'm paying sky at the min.

I like the idea of it does the on demand from 4od itv have a stupid amount of adverts ? Like it does on the pc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Subscription? One off cost?

Channels etc? Anything new?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Seems ok actually. Was free with talktalk and no monthly extra cost. Its a bit slow to navigate and but i like the way it integrates into i player etc without having to search through them. Normal freeview channels but u can bolt on extras like sky sports etc.

BMW F21 125d
How many HD Channels?

We've been told they'll be more channels, more HD channels and more software updates as developments continue. Remember when Freeview was new, there was about 40% of the channels there is now.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Seems ok actually. Was free with talktalk and no monthly extra cost. Its a bit slow to navigate and but i like the way it integrates into i player etc without having to search through them. Normal freeview channels but u can bolt on extras like sky sports etc.

you mean free apart from the £49 activation?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Mine was free also, had it since they were first released. It's good for setting up a series record as we've never had Sky in our house and the HD channels are a nice little feature too, I just wish they had more of them.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So its a Freeview HD+ box with all the catch up 'apps' built it? At least this is what I thought it was.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I work for TalkTalk and once they've got FTTC in my area I'll be getting that and YouView too, mainly as its free and it'll save me a packet from what I'm paying sky at the min.

FTTC is bloody great assuming you don't throttled when you wanna use it which most big company's do on normal packages. You only need around 6mbit ADSL to stream at 1080p fine though! I never had a issue with 5/6mbit before FTTC.

BMW F21 125d
Multicast streams are 3.2Mb so it'll run fine on that as a minimum. I've got sky FTTC now and it never drops below 30mb