ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yozza or K-Tec Stealth

Black 172 ph2
I know have the money and i am looking to get rid of the standard rotten blowing exhaust.

I am stuck on which one to go for Yozza or K-Tec??

Any opinons?!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not the stealth!

It's the closest sounding to standard that i'm aware of.

Clio 172 cup
I've just had a K-tec stealth fitted to my 172 cup and the only stealthy thing about it is that it is hidden from view!

But it sounds good......

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
think that was the idea about the k tec stealth

so u cant see it

the yozza stealth is cant see or hear it

Clio 172 cup
No.

It is when you are just pootling around but when it gets to about 3000rpm it is quite loud. when you drive it hard it sounds lovely, its very addictive.

It's very well made though and you don't need to get anything else to fit it. It comes with all the clamps, hangers and cat to middle section gasket. I bought a new rear exhaust mount as mine was perished as well.

I would have got a Yozza but he didn't have any in and i couldn't wait. The K-tec system, fitted, was still cheaper than buying the Yozza one as well which is a bonus!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Dont forget the GDI stealth :D Hmmm i like the fact im one of the minority that has the gdi stealth

Peugeot 308
Loved my K-tec stealth...had it fitted around 5months ago, wasnt raspy at all. Pisses me off when people say that.

You do get a rather noise roar to it :)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I've got the KTec stealth and I love it. Mine sounds standard until you hit 3k+ revs, or downchange gears when you slow down.

You can still hear the engine too, so it's not like a Corsa aftermarket exhaust farting in your face with no engine roar.

[EDIT]: If that's the video I think it is of a Clio down a country lane, it sounds NOTHING like that.

I must admit though after about 5 or 10 minutes of giving the car some serious beans and the exhaust gets very hot, it does get louder.

it's v difficult to judge from videos as they don't ever give you a particularly good idea. it's a sound recording of someone else's exhaust/car made using a crappy video camera microphone, replayed through your crappy PC speakers.

i've a KTEC Mk2 and it's not at all raspy or loud on mine. there'll be subtle differences in each and every exhaust and car, though - which is something else that makes recommendations difficult.

may be try and find someone local to you who's got a new one on a car of similar tune to yours

just out of interest, had my CAT back KTEC2 noise tested the other day and it returned a pitiful 88dB (car's otherwise unmodified)

vw bora
i had a k-tec stealth on my ph1 172 with a viper induction and it just made a deep grumble through the rev range no rasp at all was really nice and you had the choice of it being quiet when you keep it bellow 3k rpm it sounds just like standard so wont do your head in when just popin to the shop un-like the yozza race exhaust which is pretty load most of the rev range