ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 Spring Clean (Silver Version)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
After seeing Chris' the other day, I thought I'd better give mine a bit of a tidy up. I gave it a quick going over at TheEvilGiraffe's the other day before the harlow meet and took 1000 miles of Lake district dirt off of it, but the 50 odd miles we did on salty roads at some fun speeds made it filthy again.

So with today being quite sunny (but cold) I got my cleaning bits and bobs and gave it a good going over, I even SRP'd a few panels with what I had left, but I'll be polish, waxing and treating the seats it next weekend if I can as I had none of that.

I created quite a puddle with all the washing so I decided to leave the tyre shine until I got somewhere to take some photos. I arrived at my random photo location to realise I'd left it on my front step :eek: so excuse the lack of shiny tyres. :mad:

8614340636_cd96507466_c.png

8613232735_a8bc0e1e0f_c.png

8614340562_a39fb72fd5_c.png

8613232143_ee9fa5be02_c.png

8613232107_b7c99498bd_c.png

8613232383_e6b8cc35d6_c.png

8613232045_19b64f1c60_c.jpg

8614340220_074d1c0983_c.jpg

8613231951_d1ed458a1f_c.png

8613231847_0684fbc4a6_c.png

I've got a few changes planned, this should be the last time you see it on these wheels. It's not CSL's, but I've got something else in the pipeline, there might also be some eibachs coming in the summer and a possible face lift front bumper.

I've also just had full alignment and camber done (after fitting my powerflex RTAB's), it's transformed the way it drives, and to the rest of you z4 owners out there, get it done!

Bring on the sunshine!

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Z4 Spring Clean (The Silver Version)

Totes needs new wheels and DEFO needs some decent rubber. Good lord.

Much rubber stuck to the rear arches or are the Sunnylinglongwunkstain tyres so hard, they never give up any marbles..?

:eek:

Probably more stuck to the front of Sash's car than the back of yours lol !!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Re: Z4 Spring Clean (The Silver Version)

Totes needs new wheels and DEFO needs some decent rubber. Good lord.

Much rubber stuck to the rear arches or are the Sunnylinglongwunkstain tyres so hard, they never give up any marbles..?

:eek:

Probably more stuck to the front of Sash's car than the back of yours lol !!

Don't blame the tyres for your accidental drifting skills ;)

They don't seem to kick up any rubber no, but must be at least a little sticky because they peppered Ants front end in a sliproad GP the other week. :eek:

Looks tidy, those new seats make it look proper baller!

Cheers mate, changing the seats was like fitting Recaro's in a clio (but better), best thing I've done to the car.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just had one of these in today for a full stainless system fitted and a load of bushes replaced.. Got me looking on the bay...

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bang tidy.

Get some autosol/mercury/britemax on those twin pipes though :rasp:

Do want!

Metal polish is on my shopping list actually to do the wheels before I sell them. Got the VX back in Sidcup?

Just had one of these in today for a full stainless system fitted and a load of bushes replaced.. Got me looking on the bay...

Ohhh, what bushes??? And what exhaust? I'm going to change the front arms in the summer I think, just to freshen it up, I was nervous of exhausts.. don't want a droney POS.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great, was going to say the only thing I'd change would be the wheels. I'm looking forward to the updates.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great, was going to say the only thing I'd change would be the wheels. I'm looking forward to the updates.

Cheers mate, I've gone for something that's very much OEM + and not 19" CSL's. I was worried about the 19's compromising the way it drives, and also the cost of the tyres... :eek:

That new leather suits it soooo much! Do like.

Cheers mate, the leather gets a lot of comments both on forums and in person, it was definitely a good decision.

M135i
Looks ace rob! Love z4s so much now I've got one :D

Got mine booked in for wishbone bush replacement on sat to get the front tightened up, loving the non RFT tyres - managed to get £460 for the OEM bridge stones so nearly paid for set of faulkens :cool:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nice, but I thought you'd bought new wheels?

These 108's are new.

The set that came on the car weren't doing so well, (missing/snapped split rim bolts), then I ran it on those dodgy winter wheels, then I found this other set of 108's with tyres for a bargain.

So, I'm going to sell these 108's on, and fit something new (not actual new) and exciting (definitely actual exciting) within a week or two.

Looks ace rob! Love z4s so much now I've got one :D

Got mine booked in for wishbone bush replacement on sat to get the front tightened up, loving the non RFT tyres - managed to get £460 for the OEM bridge stones so nearly paid for set of faulkens :cool:

Cheers mate! Good choice binning the run flats mat, saw your coupe thread, amazing car.

He knows. I'd personally keep the 108's and go for the eibachs.

When you see what I'm going for, you'll agree they're better. They really really are. They fill the rear arches a lot more too.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The seats are my favourite bit. Actually a million times better than the deck chair originals.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking good Rib

Cheers Phol.

Stunning!

Cheers mate, we need to see more of that MR2!

f**king jelous.

Wish I could swap my GTI for one at the moment :(

Just do it! YOLO and all that other hipster s**t.

I know what's coming and I'm still not convinced (I'll undoubtedly love them)

I'm pretty sure you will, but if you don't then I can only apologise. If it makes any difference at all, i'll have a mint set of 108's in the garage with no tyres for if I get bored.

Love it mate. Crisp shots too. What lens?

Well actually a mixture of the kit and 50, 99% 50mm though. Thanks for the photo comments, I must be getting a little better.. :D

Nifty, innit...

Why he's left these un-linked to Flickr, I donut no.

What? They're from flickr, just copied the IMG code... problem?

Cheers mate!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nifty, innit...

Why he's left these un-linked to Flickr, I donut no.

Tapatalk users mate. It's becoming more of a problem so no need now. Rob are you uploading them in full size 3000x4000 or what?

Oh and those are your best shots to date, not of the car but photography wise. Brilliant.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Tapatalk users mate. It's becoming more of a problem so no need now. Rob are you uploading them in full size 3000x4000 or what?

Oh and those are your best shots to date, not of the car but photography wise. Brilliant.

Thanking you Kevin! :eek:

As for uploaded, I exported them from iphoto with a maximum value of 1500, I've still got all the original size though, why's that?

Just to check, my way of uploading works with tapatalk yeah?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. So fresh and the seats are just awesome. TBH if it was mine i'd keep the wheels and maybe drop it a touch on some eibachs. But then its not mine..lol

How many miles do you get from a tank? I'd love one but i think diesels have ruined me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Tom... I'm really happy with the seats, but the new wheels are amazing, honestly, trust me. You'll see when I get them. ;) They're not garish, chavvy, or anything of the sort.

They remove the need for rear spacers, so I'll just space the front a touch, and lower it in the summer. Finished.

Miles per tank, day to day I really couldn't tell you as I don't ever fill it up as such, but driving to the lakes I got about 350 I think.

TBH it's the only car I've owned where I've not really worried about petrol, I just sort of put some in when it needs it, but I will say it's also the car that has the biggest difference in terms of consumption between smashing the life out of it and pootling along. It ranges from about 40MPG to about 8. :eek:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Tom... I'm really happy with the seats, but the new wheels are amazing, honestly, trust me. You'll see when I get them. ;) They're not garish, chavvy, or anything of the sort.

They remove the need for rear spacers, so I'll just space the front a touch, and lower it in the summer. Finished.

Miles per tank, day to day I really couldn't tell you as I don't ever fill it up as such, but driving to the lakes I got about 350 I think.

Time will tell i guess..hurry up and get them. ;)

350 is not bad at all. Theyre 6 speed too arent they? Off i go to autotrader..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wheels will be a week, tops. Patience... ;)

Petrol wise, read the edit above, that bit is worth mentioning as someone with a diesel won't be used to that sort of consumption when booting it!

They are indeed 6 speed (75 mph is only 2.5k revs in 6th), if you're looking for one, the 03 (as standard) didn't have sport seats as an option, but 04's did. Try to get sport seats, and a 3.0, everything else isn't quite as important.

Only thing I will say, is if you buy an 03 then they have a FULL wiring loom and every option is just plug and play.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TBH if you don't need four seats, they are an exceptional car for the money. Powerful (enough), good looking, cheap (enough) to run, nice options, and the most fun I've ever had in summer in a car.

What was your mums one mate?