ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zymol detailing

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
I have some zymol products ie, clay, lube, wax'es etc. I rember reading somewhere that just claying and waxing will not produce the best results I need to prepare the paint first.

Do i need to clay then polish (by hand) then wax to get a really deep shine ??

Also can I layer Zymol wax for a longer lasting shine ??

Thanks

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
any recommendations I have been told that polishes can be quite abrasive ??

I have some auto glym polish ??

sorry one more thing any idea what I can use to clean the fabric on my door cards, it looks a bit like swayed, I have a MK2 clio V6 of this helps ??

Thanks again

tiTTy & SV650
Autoglym super resin polish is good stuff.

Take more care when you're claying though, lots of lubrication!

Mito Sportiva 135
AG SRP isn't really much of a polish to be honest, it won't really remove any but the mildest of marks even by machine. If you are serious about getting the paint spot on I would get someone to machine polish it properly. Once that is done you can maintain the car yourself with a decent wash routine and some good products.

106 GTi
AG SRP is one of the most underrated products out there, most people use it wrong and then b**ch about it. As said will not do much for swirl marks but will clean up the paintwork well and leave a great base for waxes.

Most of the paints looks are in the prep rather than the wax and mainly in the polishing, a nice finishing polish by machine will burnish the paint to gloss you won't get by hand.

If you have all of those Zymol Products have you considerd gettinga bottle of there HD Cleanse with they recommend to use before waxing ? It is a nice pre wax cleanser though a tad finiky to use.

Are the V6 door cards alcantara ?

ST
AG SRP is one of the most underrated products out there, most people use it wrong and then b**ch about it. As said will not do much for swirl marks but will clean up the paintwork well and leave a great base for waxes.

Most of the paints looks are in the prep rather than the wax and mainly in the polishing, a nice finishing polish by machine will burnish the paint to gloss you won't get by hand.

If you have all of those Zymol Products have you considerd gettinga bottle of there HD Cleanse with they recommend to use before waxing ? It is a nice pre wax cleanser though a tad finiky to use.

Are the V6 door cards alcantara ?

Couldn't agree more mate...

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
I have some of the HD cleanse but I did not know if I should still use a polish before I use it to get a really deep shine ?? I had the front bumper and wings resprayed about 6 months ago and the bonnett and roof polished at the same time, as for the rest of the car there are no visable marks but it has not been out the garage over the winter though.

I have no idea what my door cards are made from, all I can tell you is that they are the standard ones and not leather ??

106 GTi
Are the the same fabric as the middle of your seats ?

If the paint has defects you need to correct you will get better results polishing the paint before using the HD Cleanse. Also a polish before with a decent finishing polish will get more gloss than the HD Cleanse alone.

Clio V6 and Ford Mondeo
I will take the dust cover off later and have a look to see if the door cards are the same as the seat ?

What decent finishing polish would you recommend and should I polish, HD, then finnishing polish before I wax ???

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'm fairly sure they're alcantara, don't know whether normal interior shampoo would be alright on them or not though.

106 GTi
If they are Alcanatara, nothing more than a damp cloth and a mild mix of something like AG Interior Shampoo really.