ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 compared to a Sport

1.2 16v
ITS KILLING ME! ive been driving my 1.2 for around 3 months now, compared to my mates cars its the best one for laughs and thrills round corners, but after reading up on the cup/trophy editions i cant stand racing mine around, its made me realise how slow my car actually is, i spose its a good thing not wanting to throw my car around corners but i really want the sport, after going german for my first car (vw golf mk4) i wont be going back there again, Anyone willing to swap a 1.2 for a sport? i can only dream ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I drove a 1.2 for a year and i got my sport about 3 weeks ago and im already bored of it :( i think i need to go on track with it tbh...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i had a 1.2 before my sport n i missed the fun of the 1.2

hense the car im building only has a wee 1.3 in it. could have gone for s**t loads of power but u can beat th fun n chuckability of wee engined cars

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i had a 1.2 before my sport n i missed the fun of the 1.2

hense the car im building only has a wee 1.3 in it. could have gone for s**t loads of power but u can beat th fun n chuckability of wee engined cars

I think thats what i miss about my 1.2 the chuckability and the fact you can thrash it everywhere and only just break speed limits :D

106GTI / NovaC20LET
I think thats what i miss about my 1.2 the chuckability and the fact you can thrash it everywhere and only just break speed limits :D

should of got the cup by the sounds of it, i went from a 1.2 to a cup just over a year ago, the cup is in a world of its own for chuckability, will take pretty much whatever you throw at it

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Id like a cup but with climate, im sick of the abs kicking in on mine if i brake to harshly :(

106GTI / NovaC20LET
The only thing i miss from the 1.2 is the ride comfort when pottering around town, speed bumps and pot holes make me cringe.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I do miss the thrashings of the small engines too :(

...and the fact you can thrash it everywhere and only just break speed limits :D

There's a lot to be said for this. Faster cars can be hugely frustrating unless you have the space to enjoy them...which can be rare. This is why I love my Ignis so much, flat out, everywhere, and it handles/feels just like my Cup.

1.2 16v
Throwing my 1.2 into corners is amazing, compared to my mates 1.4 polo it flys around the corners not even looking back, but for me i need power and speed, having the money to spend on a 182 is a no go being 19 and insurance is a killer, i do love my 1.2 for the fun it gives me but all in all i just think a 182 would give me a big fat grin going down straight roads.

Stagecoach Ticket
I miss my 1.2 like mad

After owning a 1.2 16v ph2
a ph2 172
and in a ph1 172 atm

IMO the only good thing about the ph1 is the speed/handling for how much it cost as a daily driver its rubbish