ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Coilover Options

JGrant

ClioSport Club Member
So my 172 Cup is currently running Gram springs with Cup shocks. I’ve found this to be a pretty decent setup but one of my front springs has now snapped after only a few thousand miles!

I’m looking to start making the car more track focused but I still want it to be usable/enjoyable as a fast road car.

What coilovers would people recommend on a limited budget (not AST prices)?

Been looking at Bilsteins/BC’s but am a novice when it comes to spring rates and don’t want the car to be too crashy on the road.

Any help appreciated!

Tarticmonkey

ClioSport Club Member
  CLIO 197 CUP,
If you are still wanting to use the car on the road, then I personally would opt for a set of Bilstein B14s. These are fairly decently prices and I have always been impressed with the cars I have been in that have had them on the road. Never experienced them on track however. From speaking with other who use these, when pushing on they can be a bit softer than you would like.

On my 197 I run Gaz Golds and think they're fantastic for the money as well. The ability to order custom spring rates and have what is a quality sent of coils that are rebuildable is fantastic.

I know that is not a definitive answer but hope it helps.