ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Sport Gearbox Input Shaft Oil Seal

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Hi All,

Having difficulties sourcing an oil seal to fit the gearbox input shaft on a Clio II 172 Sport...anyone know of a company that sells these?

I have seen some seal kits online put the sizes don't seem to match correctly!

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20180913_172446.jpg
    20180913_172446.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180911_195728.jpg
    20180911_195728.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 88

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If it’s the seal in the release bearing guide tube, do yourself a favour and buy it from Renault. They’re about £20+ vat from memory.

If it’s the seal in the bearing housing, you need to open the box up as it comes as a complete bearing and seal housing. £35+ vat for that one.

Easy way to tell if it’s the latter is the release bearing guide tube will come straight off when you undo the 2x 13mm headed bolts.

Clio Sport 172 Cup
Perfect, yes it's the one visble after removing the guide tube and was easy to remove.

Main dealer was going to be the last resort, but if that's the best option I'll call them in the morning!

Thanks for the advice.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Perfect, yes it's the one visble after removing the guide tube and was easy to remove.

Main dealer was going to be the last resort, but if that's the best option I'll call them in the morning!

Thanks for the advice.
It’s the only option for that seal mate.

Just be aware you have to open the box and strip everything out to replace that seal mate. You won’t get away with removing just the seal.