ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Lowering Springs

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm planning a suspension refesh on my 182 FF in the next couple of months, including:
  • All 4 cup shocks
  • Front top mounts
  • Inner and outer tie rods
  • Springs
I was going to do the wishbones too, but when I was under the car doing the dogbone I noticed both sides still have their Renault part number stickers on them, so must be quite recently done.

My question lies with the springs, the car is currently on what I believe are Cooksports, picture attached, and I'm finding the car a bit too uncomfortable on the motorway when the road surface is less than perfect. I've bought some H&R springs, but getting cold feet, the car is only used on the road (no track) and mostly B-roads, but I do some motorway miles as well. From what I've read the H&R are just as low as the Cooksports, but appartently slightly less crashy? I'm thinking the Eibach Pro-Kit might suit me more, being a lot closer to OEM height (and therefore comfort?).

Or am I best just going ahead with the refresh with the H&R's then change if I still find it too uncomfortable on the motorway? I guess the shocks could be causing the crashiness not the cooksports themselves.
I know these cars will never be like a big German barge on the motorway, but what springs would you guys say give the best compromise for that sort of driving? B-road handling is a bonus, but I don't drive the tits off the car, I just like a setup that inspires confidence on turn-in.

Cheers,

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46