ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 week with the N95 8GB...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
and I am very happy with it! Always liked Nokias but had a SE for the past year.

Also changed over to Vodafone, which I was worried about, but no problems at all, signal is very good, and even if its only got 1 bar (in the server room at work) then it still works just as good as with 5 bars. no breaking up!

The phone itself is very impressive though, no crashes at all yet, runs more than fast enough. OK not as fast as the K800i I had before but to be expected, and it is not slow in the slightest!

edit: oh aye forgot to say first thing I did was install latest generic F/W!

Battery is ok too, the first day I had WiFi on, BT on, GPS on, speaker on, etc and it lasted 1 day, but turned everything off and with normal usage its still on 5 bars by the time I go to bed. Went out last week and had the GPS on for about 2 hour, along with regular use and it was on 4 bars by 2am the following morning!

Slide is fine, doesnt open in my pocket, which was a concern.

Built in GPS is fast, and had route 66 running well. just installed Garmin XT so will see how that is tomorrow.

Screen is amazing, very large and clear!

Camera is ok. Probably not as good as the K800i, but mainly cos of the flash. I have only tried indoor pics though up to yet!

WiFi is good, nice to be able to download podcasts, connect to my home pc, net etc

So overall, a quality phone (even better for nowt), highly recommended if anyone is considering one!

Last edited:
i have the 1gb one, just got it a week or two ago, and im not convinced.. its definately slower than my old k800, but its good. maybe its just since its different.

where did you get the sat nav stuff from?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
there are a few worthwhile improvements since the original version, which is the main reason i hung about for the 8gb one like.

will PM you about sat nav matey!

i have the 1gb one, just got it a week or two ago, and im not convinced.. its definately slower than my old k800, but its good. maybe its just since its different.

where did you get the sat nav stuff from?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have to admit, since i switched to S60 i have no complaints.

My E51 just works.

T

thecremeegg

I'm interested in getting this phone this week, how much slower is it than the k800? noticeably?

Mines pretty fast. took all the supplier software from it and upgraded it to the lastest firmware and it flys. Ive had it about 10 months now, never had a problem.