ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 issue

Hello all.

For about a week now my 200 which has only done around 8.2k has felt lumpy when first started. When the weather is cold the 200 (as with all the sports) are lumpy until the engine is warm, however look at the weather over the past week, warm.
There seems to have been a drop in "torque" in second gear which is I suppose the best way to describe it. First is the same as always, as is third however its like there is a flat sport inbetween 0-5k revs. The car used to get into the swing of things at 4k revs and now varies between 4k-6k before it properly pulls.
I spoke to Andy at Renault Ware who is always very helpful who suggested that at first lets test the fuel as it could in some cases be that (I only use BP ultimate). If it continues he will take it in and have a look next week.
What could cause this?
I would say i drive the car as it was meant to be driven, twisties in low gears with the odd beep to change up but due to the rev inhibitor its not like you can drive it in the red so I really dont know.

I would also like to add that this doesnt do it all the time.

Does it sound restricted Louis? i.e. air filter/fuel filter blockage etc? Could be a mass of things chap in all honesty. Best getting it plugged in and checked. Surely still under warranty so nothing to worry about?

It sounds fine dude. Yes all still under warranty but its my baby, you know what its like. I literally love that car, sad or or its the truth and I want it better :p

No point asking or guessing pal, I could say the engine is fucked when it isn't and just worry you. Leave it to Renault to sort it out. Sure it's minor and fixable.