ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003/2004 Meggy 1.9 DCI

Fiesta ST2
Folks,

Im thinking of buying a Meggy turbo 1.9 dci 120bhp, and modding it instead of using my 1.2 TCE to mod(Ive done 7,000 miles on a new 2008 car from january 29th). I belive you can get the 120bhp/300nm torque meggy to about 150bhp / 360nm torque. I was wondering what kinda price id be paying for a 3/5 door 2003/2004 meggy? either blue or black.

Clio lll Dynamique SX TCE
just do the simple things like induction kit and sports exhaust to help to free up the engine a bit and then go for this part
http://www.boitier-additionnel-powe..._def=1&soucategorie_def=530&motor_def=Essence

Its a plug and play harnes that changes the tuning of the injectors and sparks and increses the boost presure slightly and amazingly it dont damage the engine in anyway. it takes the whole of 5 mins to install and the best bit is is that it can be hidden out of the way for insurance reasons lol and its also extreamly easy to remove when it comes to service time. and belive me it really does work. its usually from either 20 to 30 hp increase and theres a increse in torque too. have a read and see what u think. i brought it for mine and it makes a difference that u can deffinatly feel but i havent had it dyno'd to find out the true hp readings yet but ill keep u up to date. and u should be well on your way towards 120 hp or more.
ClioSXTurbo

just do the simple things like induction kit and sports exhaust to help to free up the engine a bit and then go for this part
http://www.boitier-additionnel-powe..._def=1&soucategorie_def=530&motor_def=Essence

Its a plug and play harnes that changes the tuning of the injectors and sparks and increses the boost presure slightly and amazingly it dont damage the engine in anyway. it takes the whole of 5 mins to install and the best bit is is that it can be hidden out of the way for insurance reasons lol and its also extreamly easy to remove when it comes to service time. and belive me it really does work. its usually from either 20 to 30 hp increase and theres a increse in torque too. have a read and see what u think. i brought it for mine and it makes a difference that u can deffinatly feel but i havent had it dyno'd to find out the true hp readings yet but ill keep u up to date. and u should be well on your way towards 120 hp or more.
ClioSXTurbo

He's asking about a diesel so that tunning box firstly doens't work.

It will wear the engine quicker under the same load plus its not as good as a proper remap and as for not telling insurance well that just stupid

Do a search on auto trader etc.

I'd personaly look at a VAG diesel if you want a diesle with tunning potential.

if your doing alot of miles it maybe worth choping it in for a derv it will also get better gains from a remap an in the long run save your self money on fuel

vags are something to consider ibiza tdis fabia vrs it all depends on your wedge they can be quite expensive

ive got a dci clio ive done 3500miles since september :lolup: which has proved a false economny

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
TBH I don't think either are worth modding - even tweaked neither will be at all fast, or look as good or handle/stop as well as one of the respective Sport models. Just my 2p, please don't shout at me :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its never worth having two cars to save petrol or miles on the other one.You just end up loosing money on both cars

TBH I don't think either are worth modding - even tweaked neither will be at all fast, or look as good or handle/stop as well as one of the respective Sport models. Just my 2p, please don't shout at me :)

There loads cheaper to run can stop better than sports with the right stuff as for speed well you save on the ££ to buy and run as for looks 172/182 kit can be fitted easy enough.

There loads cheaper to run can stop better than sports with the right stuff as for speed well you save on the ££ to buy and run as for looks 172/182 kit can be fitted easy enough.

remaping dervs these days is comon pratice speed wise your gain hp an nice amount of torque which (depending on the car) can intimate some hot hatchs bang for buck dervs shouldnt be dismissed ;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
As I say, it's just IMHO - but adding all the sports bumpers/wings etc will be hugely expensive by the time it's all on and painted - it'll obliterate any saving you're making.

remaping dervs these days is comon pratice speed wise your gain hp an nice amount of torque which (depending on the car) can intimate some hot hatchs bang for buck dervs shouldnt be dismissed ;)
You'll never get 172 levels of hp fromn the dci cheaply.
As I say, it's just IMHO - but adding all the sports bumpers/wings etc will be hugely expensive by the time it's all on and painted - it'll obliterate any saving you're making.
Depends where you get them from can get the wings etc cheap etc.

You'll never get 172 levels of hp fromn the dci cheaply.
Depends where you get them from can get the wings etc cheap etc.

whats this got to with makeing it faster then a 172 its not going to be unless you spend stuipd amounts we talking about makeing a standed clio or a meggy a bit faster with a remap an we seemed to have gone off on a tandam about turning it into a 172 rep and the extreme of owning two cars :S id like to see how you would turn a meggy into a complety diffrent car :rolleyes:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Piles of turd imo.

If you get one, make sure its got a proper warranty for the entire duration of ownership. You'll need it.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not as bad.

But the car has too many electrical problems. The boot lids fill with water, the headlight/indicator bulbs are rediculously hard to change, I could go on and on and on.

Waste of time and money tuning up one of those, just buy something decent in the first place.
Agree with Daniel they are plagued with faults too.