ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2008 in Pictures (ukaskew edition)

Inspired by Rich, here goes...

Early start to the year with the Charity Track Day at Combe
255091563_7u45T-L.jpg

Rallye Sunseeker
257806704_5wSmy-L.jpg

The final Cliosport Airfield Sprint
265286292_E76j9-L.jpg

Kevin Bird: Bit of air
269989030_YZh4c-L.jpg

The best race I've ever seen...
270008947_XF7Co-L.jpg

More from my favourite spot at Combe
290302623_RgzpZ-L.jpg

BTCC package at Thruxton
296673891_fUcXC-L.jpg

1 of 3 Veyrons at Prescott this year
300561925_36ZaA-L.jpg

Mentalist VW Racing at Thruxton
321475065_rwdg3-L.jpg

My first Longleat Hillclimb, brilliant
325830452_Gr97s-L.jpg

Goodwood FoS
330254861_dXfHh-L.jpg

Amazing Cologne Capri testing at Combe
342444362_nBuUu-L.jpg

First visit to Silverstone, big place
352906886_nG5JX-L.jpg

Bikes, my new favourite photography subject
353394430_7Xcff-L.jpg

N24 at Combe
358917856_qVggS-L.jpg

Superkarts, officially insane
371736277_vAm2F-L.jpg

Mmmmm, Cerbera
371740786_rbGNP-L.jpg

Britcar 24hr
376917365_GEFEf-L.jpg

Big Jag Championship in the wet...more fun than a whole season of F1
386453004_rs4bc-L.jpg

Foggy end to the year at Combe
426699347_SNvmN-L.jpg

Had an absolute blast taking all these, 26 events from February to November. I hope next year is just as good, just maybe a little bit drier.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
love all of them mate, the veyron pic in the woods is epic. looks like a gran turismo cut scene :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
great stuff matey! something for all photographers on this site to aspire to. 26 events, thats quite an acheivement, think i manage 3 this year lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You got big talents boy.

I am determined to come and say hello at combe this year! PROMISE! lol!

You should seriously send a portfolio to Evo. Do you do this full time or just a hobby?

Just a hobby, no money in it professionally really unless you are one of very few lucky/talented ones specifically employed by a team/circuit etc.

I've had interest from Mosler and Farbio in the past 12 months, so the wheels are turning slowly, pretty sure I got a shot on the Goodridge Calendar this year as well but haven't seen it yet. Doing my own thing has certainly paid off in terms of starting to get noticed, I try to shoot in my own style and try things you don't always see, I could probably get much 'nicer' clean images of all the cars, but at the end of the day I'm doing it for fun so like to shoot how I enjoy it most.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing pics as always Chris. You remain an inspiration to all us budding photographers out there and you have convinced me enough to buy a DSLR at last. But I know my results will never come up to your high standards, but at least I've got your guides to help me out. I wish you success for 2009 and can't believe that you haven't got magazines queuing outside your door for your pics.

Absolutely amazing pics as always Chris. You remain an inspiration to all us budding photographers out there and you have convinced me enough to buy a DSLR at last. But I know my results will never come up to your high standards, but at least I've got your guides to help me out. I wish you success for 2009 and can't believe that you haven't got magazines queuing outside your door for your pics.

No reason why your shots won't be to my "high standard" given a bit of time, all I've done is practice my ass off and not been afraid to come home with hardly any shots now and again, nothing particularly clever going on!

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Simply stunning shots Chris. Hopefully in 2009 i'll bump into you and actually talk to you this time!

106 GTi
Fantastic set - Birds seat and the Shot of Clarkie at the airfield are my two faves.

I second your comment on that special GT race.