ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2011 MBP Network issue

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Its a bit of odd one. At least once a day I have no network activity when my MBP has awoken from sleep. I have to put it to sleep again then wake it to work. It says I am connected to the router but will not send or receive any packets. Has anyone had this before?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Yep mine does this ALL the time. Sometimes 5 times in one day. It says im connected but with no internet. I have to turn wifi off and on for it to work.. My MBP is the same year as yours and im using 30mb Virgin Media super hub.

Tesla MP3 2021
Mine use to do this but I cant remember what I did to fix it, sorry.

It may have been via an update to my MacBook.

Tesla MP3 2021
I remember having issues when my MBP was on Snow Leopard and I fixed it (again could have been via an update), thinking about it I dont think I have had any issues whilst I have been on Lion!

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I remember having issues when my MBP was on Snow Leopard and I fixed it (again could have been via an update), thinking about it I dont think I have had any issues whilst I have been on Lion!

Lol I've only had issues since "upgrading" to Lion..

RIP Dan
not a MBP I know but my iMac has had this issue from new. They told me to unplug in overnight so it does something.....god knows what I was just doing as they said. It actually behaved for a week or so but is doing it again now.

Am phoning local Apple place this morning to get it booked in, I want it looked at and Airport card thing changed out.

I've come across this a few times at work now and each time the AirPort card has been changed and the problem has solved.

We even had one that caused every access point it connected to trip out :S.