ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

242bhp

Clio v6

# 0 to 60 is shown in Parkers as being 7 seconds but with the Lotus Elise ECU fitted it honestly feels more like 4 but Ive never timed it
# Top speed 138MPH

Strange one this

320d

Cant really imagine his 40 year old wife driving around in that with lexus lights and tints etc

Hes a dealer

Prob just another unwanted part exd 172

242bhp lol

You asked:
"hey mate, im very interested! what has it had done to make 242bhp? have you had it rolling-roaded? Cheers Dan"

Hi Dan, I knew it wouldve been easier to just list it as a 172 but it IS MUCH, MUCH quicker and it would have done the car a massive injustice. I arent technical all I know is the the previous owner who worked for Renault and his Renault technician friends carried out a few professional modifications, including installing a re-mapped Lotus Elise ECU, and he informed me that it was boosted to 242BHP which I truly believe. I had a 220BHP Saab Carlsson and it was CERTAINLY MUCH more potent than that. Sorry but other than that I honestly cant tell you a lot more, best regards, Mike - bestcara1

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

im bidding also... i wonder how much the winning bid so far is! ive bumped it up to £870! lol loud

This is the BEST bit.... where he says...

I am a very honest seller and I’m only asking for the same in return from my bidders.

:p lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Hi, having read your, and your fellow members comments on the clio forum can I take it that your bid is NOT genuine? If youre genuinely bidding to purchase the car please contact me on 07979 016934 to confirm, thanks

check out what i just got on my email!!!!! pmsl!!!!! but i would buy it for £3700

hahaha! how has he found this? its all b****cks anyway, theres no way its really got 242bhp! is it even possible to get that high without a turbo?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

ive told him i will buy it for £3700 now. i would be pleased with that

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 16 May 2005

Hi, having read your, and your fellow members comments on the clio forum can I take it that your bid is NOT genuine? If youre genuinely bidding to purchase the car please contact me on 07979 016934 to confirm, thanks

check out what i just got on my email!!!!! pmsl!!!!! but i would buy it for £3700

haha.. ^ Classic.. maybe he should be reading the tuning section to see his claim on bhp is total Bllocks! :p

(apart from that... looks like a bargain)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

This HAS to be the biggest load of crap ive sewen in ages. If i weas him-id at least get it rolling roaded so that he has written proof. I definatley smell a rat somewhere.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

The guys a joker, gotta be a wind up surely..?

242bhp from an ecu? theres a higher chance of me winning the lottery than that being an honest seller lol

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

where can i get one of those fitted then, ill have the most powerful cup on here, then i get throttle bodies and hope for 300bhp

erm LOSER

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 16 May 2005
im bidding also... i wonder how much the winning bid so far is! ive bumped it up to £870! lol loud

Think youve just commited a Matt, Seb. No need to laugh out loud loud.

Clio 182

Lol, Im gonna fit a ferrari ECU to mine and achieve 400bhp. And LOL at a 40year old woman driving a tinted, lexus light fitted 172! Yeah right! What a pratt!

You are foolish to bid on this car, seller is blatantly lying about power output, lucky if its got 200. Its a high miler and is going to be ragged for 80000+ miles by someone willing to mod it with lexus lights!

If you want it offer him 3700 max based on bhp. If its 242bhp pay him £3700, for ever 10bhp is it incorrect knock off £250. See what he thinks of that.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by soche on 16 May 2005

You are foolish to bid on this car, seller is blatantly lying about power output, lucky if its got 200. Its a high miler and is going to be ragged for 80000+ miles by someone willing to mod it with lexus lights!

If you want it offer him 3700 max based on bhp. If its 242bhp pay him £3700, for ever 10bhp is it incorrect knock off £250. See what he thinks of that.

the more theyre thrashed, the quicker they are

172 cup TT

jesus christ... some people on this earth are pumps arent they!.. the annoying thing is is that SOME one will buy that and be conned into the whole 240+ BHP thing... rar rar rar makes me maaaadd, im not reading this any more, and closing down my PC its Winding me up!

He knows we are watching.

Why not be honest mate and change your description to match the item you are selling.

Cool, if he knows that we know then he must be sat at home with egg on his face. Lets be realistic, its a high mile 172 with tastless tacky mods and will certainly not be making anywhere near 200bhp let alone 242bhp... In fact if hes local I prove to him its not even 200bhp!

As said above, that is some false advertising, he may as well say hes selling a Merc, it would be more believable than 72bhp from a chip...

Well its up to £4150 now...:eek: An average mile one is only worth about £5000 I would think for its age??, but this one has twice the average miles on it, I pity the poor **** that buys it? :eek:

amazing how so many people believe what they read, well at least most people on this site have masses of common sense and see it for what it is....

Simon.