ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

32" TVs, not 3D

Any reasoning behind that, Ronnie? I would as well, but that's because Samsung hold a higher standard in my eyes (completely unfounded).

Fiesta ST
I bought that exact tv (samsung) october last year. For the price it is excellent.

The picture is very good and when on the freeview HD channels it is very clear.

I also have it connected to my router which means you can control it using an iPhone. Aswell as the iphone acting as a keyboard for internet browsing as its quite slow when using the remote.

The USB ports come in handy when you want to listen to music, watch films etc.

The only down side is the sound but this was the same with my last samsung. Obviously you get round this by connecting up surround sound so not a major issue.

All in all a very good tv at an excellent price in my opinion

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I bought an LG from RS 2.5 years ago. Had no issues. And the quality has been good.

I'm no AV nut, so it may well be below par or what have you.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

DB.

BMW 440i
I've had that Samsung one ages now, I actually want to sell it in the next few months as I'm going for a 55" but I imagine too far away for you. It's great to be honest. I'm staying with Samsung when I upgrade as this one has been so good.

Audi S1
Any reasoning behind that, Ronnie? I would as well, but that's because Samsung hold a higher standard in my eyes (completely unfounded).

Just personal choice. I have an LG TV as well which I've had for about 7 years, still works. But I still prefer Samsung.

DB.

BMW 440i
I presumed it was for the bedroom?

My 32" looks like a portable in the living room! lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've got a 42 in the bedroom too, and TBH I still wish I'd gone 50. Only time I ever want a smaller TV is when i've got a stonking hangover and its hurting my eyes.

DB.

BMW 440i
All depends on the size of the room I suppose. My room back in Birmingham can (and will be in a couple of months) easily handle a 55", my room in my Nottingham apartment could only really handle a 32".

I don't do big TVs guys, is the honest answer. We watch so little TV and do no gaming/DVDs so going bigger than the 22 we have and the 26 I'm used to back oop north is purely to help the OH (slight blindness in one eye, so text on screen is difficult with a 22 inch).

Thanks for the reply - Bubbles, interesting about JL price matching as would agree on the warranty front.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Check the JL guarantee.

It's not always 5 years, my tumble dryer from them is only 2 years.

I was always under the impression it was 5 years across the board.

I should say, I found RS's extended warranty very good. Yes you do pay for it (10% of purchase price iirc), but when my amp had an issue, I just dropped it at the store, picked up a replacement and collected it fixed 2 weeks later, when I returned the replacement.

They set the amp up in the shop to make sure it was all working before I left.

I have however, had a nightmare couple of weeks with John Lewis, and now have £50 sat in my account because of the massive inconvenience they caused me.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

Tesco link is unavailable. Did check as bank/prefer to buy from them but nothing caught my eye.

37 is just too big Robalob. TVs really are an after thought for me, main watching time is pissed o'clock with a kebab, Top Gear or rugby.

Came home ce soir with a Philips 32" HD TV, wifi, smart something or other LED. philips 32pfl4007t is the code.

Plugged it in and now I can the difference between HD TV and standard! Really good clarity and has a 3.5mm jack for pissed late night Family Guy and my 6.1 creative system.

Oh and negotiated to have a 5 year warranty cover thrown in, so
Saved a trip to JL and £30-50 whatever it is usually.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Thanks for the reply - Bubbles, interesting about JL price matching as would agree on the warranty front.

You can submit a price match request online - against the online retailer price, which is what we did. They responded with 2 days to agree the price match. Good all round!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
You can submit a price match request online - against the online retailer price, which is what we did. They responded with 2 days to agree the price match. Good all round!

But you have to pay the full JLP price and then wait for your product to be delivered before they process the refund of the difference in price.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
But you have to pay the full JLP price and then wait for your product to be delivered before they process the refund of the difference in price.

Matter of days to do that, but paid by credit card so it wasn't like the money really left our hands. But agree if you pay cash/debit card you end up faffing around a bit

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Matter of days to do that, but paid by credit card so it wasn't like the money really left our hands. But agree if you pay cash/debit card you end up faffing around a bit

I should say, I was just pointing out, not trying to be a dick, lol

As I say, I'm just really fucked off with JLP at the moment. Their service was woeful for me.

And as I say, 5 year guarantee isn't universal, as I wrongly thought.

Oh well, extra years guarantee on it vs getting it for the same price from comet.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Listen you bender, that last one I linked is perfect. Go 37, for the minimal difference it's worth it, and the frame on that last one I linked is so small, in terms of in the room it'll probably take up the same amount of space almost as a 32.

Listen to a man who has bought many TV's.

Three hundred quid for a 37 inch LED samsung??? Mentally good.

DB.

BMW 440i
I agree with Rob! Stop being really feminine and thinking a smaller one will suffice

Focus ST-3
I bought the same LG as that but the 42" and the 575T model (exactly the same but has built in wifi rather than a dongle sold separately) It is a brilliant TV for the money. We got it from Currys for £419 which is pretty dam good tbh. If you are on O2 the you also get £20 off any purchase over £200 at Currys with priority moments, so you could get the 42" with built in wifi (which save you 40 odd quid) for under £400, a steal really.

The smart functions are well laid out and easy to use, its compatible with plex (if you use that?) picture quality is sharp. I haven't used the built in freeview as I have a sky box running to it, so I cant comment on that.

Personally I wouldnt buy the 32" without built in wifi from richer sounds for £350 (which would be closer to £400 once the dongle is bought) when you can get the 42" for under £400.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
I should say, I was just pointing out, not trying to be a dick, lol

As I say, I'm just really f**ked off with JLP at the moment. Their service was woeful for me.

Lol, valid point though as we thought once they had agreed the price match that was it - it did seem a bit of a backward process!

We had given up on getting them to price match in store tbh as they always found a reason why they wouldn't, but this online one has restored a bit of faith.