ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

350d Tips

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've borrowed my Brother-In-Law's Canon 350d as I'm thinking of getting a DSLR this year and he never uses it so now just need some Tips on getting some Good Pics Etc.

Bro just leaves it on Auto all the Time :S

Looking to get some nice effects of scenery and my car Etc. Etc.

I'm a little vague but I really know nothing about Settings and all that,

He has a 18-55mm Lens and a 75-300mm Lens if you needed to know, I'm a complete Dumbass when it comes to Photography, tried reading the Guides but I really need kinda step by step help, Anyone fancy talking me through it :D

Andy

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yeah i thought I'd get that answer and i suppose it is the Best way, Miserable weather is ruining my time I get outside with it,

I'm slowly getting to grips with the f Settings 5.6 for focus on Nearer object and Blurred background Correct?? Larger numbers for Focus on the whole picture??

I have no Tripod either so slow shutter speeds etc. are difficult to get clear pics, Really need to take it to a Track Day and snap away changing the settings about I suppose to really get an idea of what they do,

Is f5 the lowest the 350d will go as Ukaskew has a Pic on 1.8 I think??

Aperture controls how much light hits the CCD
Shutter speed controls for how long that light hits the CCD
ISO controls how the camera processes that light.

stick it in manual mode and go get some exposures. Use a combination of the above three untill the light meter shows the correct exposure (usually a bar on the LCD/viewfinder that goes from - to +), thats a start

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Just had a Play with the Camera and Settings on the drive back from work and I'm getting to grips with it slooooowly LOL