ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

360 games: What's best?

Tungy
Been wanting a Xbox 360 for ages now and seeing as I get paid on thursday I'll be taking the plunge. Think I'll either take the Makro offer of premium package for £199.99+vat so £235 ish or Choices offer of £259.99 (or 269.99 not sure) for premium package + PES6. Is PES 6 anygood? Also I will only want 1 game to start off with and I'm into shooters and strategy games so what's best:

Rainbow 6: Vegas
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Or wait for release of number 2)
Lost planet
Splinter cell:Double agent
Anything else?

Basically just looking for your opinions on all round most fun. Bearing in mind gameplay, graphics, fun factor, challenges and possibly online play.

Thanks, Brad

Last edited:
  VW ....
agree with Alan but been playing PGR & GOW the most personally .

If your into shooting/strategy - GOW or Lost Planet ... both very good .

Clio 200 Raider
pgr is very good but forza is out soon also

and call of duty 3 and gears of war are the best shootin games

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Gears of War sucks IMO, Call of Duty 3 much better and also Fight night round 3 is awesome. Fifa beats PE hands down though.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i pre ordered crack down today, the demo is awsome gona be a sweet game. plus u get halo beta tests on it,

atm PS3 is no contender. no good games out for launch and the one game tht is playstation exclusive (GT) isnt out till 2008.

theres so many good games out atm xbox live is a must

Golf GTD
Gears of war is great online and single player but its a bit short.
R6 Vegas is immense online and single player is fantastic but takes a bit of getting used to.
Ghost Recon is fun online but the single player i haven't really got into.
Lost Planet is good single player but I haven't taken it online yet.
I haven't played Double Agent but it is meant to be good if you like stealth games.

Definately reccommend Vegas....Gears is a must play to. Pro Evo 6 is the best football game on the 360 at the minute but its not as good as the PS2 version.

White Sti Hatch
i pre ordered crack down today, the demo is awsome gona be a sweet game. plus u get halo beta tests on it,

atm PS3 is no contender. no good games out for launch and the one game tht is playstation exclusive (GT) isnt out till 2008.

Add BioHzrdSco if your up for some Co-Op when it comes out mate.....

Another good game has to be Amped 3 crazy as visuals and storyline to match loved that game !

Tungy
Fight Night round3 forgot about that one! Deffo one for the future. Tough call atm I'll see what I fancy when I buy the console itself I think.

Golf GTD
also get yourself 12months of xbox live gold time, you will get a month free, but live is where you will have the most fun on your games :)

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
http://www.play-asia.com is all i can say it'll save you a fair bit of cash on some games and they have an easy to understand key for which games are and aren't region free ive bought 4 games from there and not had import tax on any yet

dk

911 GTS Cab

don't underestimate the power of the PS3, played on one yesterday in a US store and its pretty slick, that motorstorm game i think it is, is well put together and visually stunning.

I am going to get me one, especially since all the decent movies at the mo seem to be coming out on BD.

Gonna buy the departed though tomorrow as it comes out here then on HD-DVD.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah thts true i havent ever played one so am just basing it on wat i have read. would defo like both machines tbf, wil wait till i am out of hallls an in a house with mates then get one and a high def.

1.8 Civic EX
SC: Double Agent is really good...

Hitman: Blood Money is also very good..

Played the demo of Lost Planet and thought it was absolute PAP

Don't bother Buying GoW, just rent it. It's worth a play but far to short to warrent paying full game price for it.

Fight Night 3 is fantastic

CoD3 is real good - online is madness, big improvement on the second one

PGR3 - Good fun if you like your racing games, more fun online though

GRAW - is very very good but takes a fair bit of getting into, not very pick up and play

Also check Saint's Row if you like the GTA series, good bit of mindless violence..