ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

4th gear synchro issues 2010 clio gt

Clio gt, hyundai i30
Hi guy, im new to the forum and would like some help if possible. Ive owned my 2010 gt for about 12 months now but the gearbox has started to grind when going into 4th. After a quick Internet search it looks like the synchro is on its way out. Q1. How hard is it to replace the synchro?
Q2. How hard is it to find replacement synchros.
Thanks
Richard

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's gearbox off and send it for a rebuild, thoroughly inspect the flywheel and new clutch kit on when you re-install.

Not cheap.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've seen estimates for a 197/200 gearbox rebuilds of around £850 for a drive in, drive out service, including clutch. My clio 172 gearbox was a smiliar amount.
The problem is that the longer you leave it, the more metal is circulating in the oil and damaging the bearings and other gears.
@NorthloopCup is an expert on gearboxes, and rebuilt mine when it was in at AW motorworks.