ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5k rev issue

Honda & VW
Yesterday on the way to collect my Chinese I put my foot down a little whilst driving the mrs' 182. As I put my foot down it revved fine then felt like the limiter had been reached so changed out of 3rd into 4th.
The odd thing was I'm sure I'd barely made it passed 5000rpm.

So this evening on my way to collect my mrs from work I put my foot down in 3rd to find at 5000rpm it ended building up the revs and very slowly crept upto 5500rpm.

Up until 5000 it seems fine but really does feel like the rev limit has been reduced.

The car has been remapped, over 2 years ago I would guess. Do remaps lose their memory if that makes sense?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was the oil up to temperature? The rev limiter is drastically reduced until it is.

And I don't mean the water temp gague reading halfway, it takes longer than that.

Listerine & Poledo
Shouldn't be limiter. The only time I've had that cut in at cold was during a "shiiiiiiiit, better get out of the way of this" moment, I was cut short at around 6k.

CLIO RS CUP
Same thing happened to me on a spirited drive the other night. Oddly.... it seemed intermitant.
I have observed a small bit of damge to one of my leads so will be trying that. It was a little like a misfire. Then the plugs may need a change too

Laguna sport tourer
thats about the point where it stop using the lambda sensor, don't know if its related or not

Evo 8 MR
Cold limiter is at 6.5k isn't it?

It might be a little less, in which case that may be your issue.

If there's no lights up on the dash it might be worth taking it for a good run, get the engine nice and hot and see if the same thing happens.

Honda & VW
Right just changed the coilpack as had a spare one so thought it's worth doing, just taken it out for a spin and still has the same issues. Having said that what's strange is it happily passes 5000rpm when using cruise control.
Although it's still feeling hesitant and underpowered it will go on way beyond 5k.

Surely someone else has experienced similar symptoms?