ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

8gb usb flash drive help

E87 118d M Sport
im after an 8gb usb drive (ideally sub £20 ish)

problem is, im having a tough time finding the read/write speeds for them. most sites dont display them in the tech spec.

does anyone know of an 8gb drive under £20 that has read/write speeds of over 10mbps?

cheers

E87 118d M Sport
kingston data traveler is 10mb read write

its only the 16gb and 32gb by the looks of it. i had a look at the GS's.

The site's US but it has read write speeds so you could find the UK model, should be the same. Play have the speeds too.

For instance;

http://www.everythingusb.com/sandisk_cruzer_contour_4gb_12563.html

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3358985/SanDisk-8GB-Cruzer-Contour/Product.html

yeah the more expensive ones have the read/write (probably to show off that they are high) just wondered if there were any cheaper ones that did too.

cheers to you both tho

Capacities* — 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
Dimensions — 2.58" x 0.71" x 0.41" (65.76mm x 17.98mm x 10.7mm)
Fast — Data transfer rates of up to 20MB/sec. read and 20MB/sec. write²
Operating Temperatures — 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Storage Temperatures — -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Simple — Just plug into a USB port
Practical — Capless swivel design protects USB connector; no cap to lose
Guaranteed — Five-year warranty

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I've got an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Titanium, lovely piece of kit, very stylish, rugged and fast read/write speeds

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
blue for the 8GB Titanium

I've also got a 4GB one, but the black plastic version, not the titanium and that lights up orange

182FF with cup packs
Might help you.

A nice roundup of all the fast USB flash drives, but the general rule of thumb is that if you want a fast flash drive, you're gonna have to pay for it.

Especially if you want 10MB/s write speeds.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
it's built like a tank, being metal it feels solid & won't break, there's no cap to lose and you get a 5 year warranty too

all bonus points as well as them being fast

Fabia vrs tdi
GO TESCO , YAY, or maybe it was just a deal at the time but my 8gig usb key was very cheap and has worked great since but only use it in my car cd player