ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

944S

Lionel Richie
my unlce's toy
PA290051.jpg

PA290049.jpg

PA290052.jpg

^yes thats real!

sorry for the crap pics, new camera + me operating = bad

BMW M3
Nice... that the 2.7 L ?

My dads is currently being restored to showroom standards... so should have a little play of that when its done. Really stelth looking too with black centred alloys... cant wait. Its only 160 brake and weights the same as a house so its not really going to be in my clios league but at least ill look cool lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Fred, You are an educated man when it comes to cars (IM). What is your honest opinion of them. My dads hada few 944's and had a 944 Turbo (i'm going back to early 90's, So his 944 Turbo was 3-4 years old then) And he absolutely raved over them, Prefered them to his 911s qhen considering the value for money.

However, Whenever you mention them on here, They are dismissed as a poor mans Porsche!

I lvoe them, He wants me to go halves on a 944 Turbo with him and modify it (H)

Lionel Richie
its not fast by todays standards, but it handles so well! (factory original everything)

i would guess it does around 7-8sec to 60 and maybe 130 top end?

i think its one of the best looking porkers, very nice to cruise round in!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Awesome Cars, I love them, Gotta be Guards Red mind!

The Turbos are 250bhp, Immense cars. Sub 6 to 60, My dads had a filter, Porsche Straight thru and superchip back in 1995 making it closer to 300bhp :D

Well ballanced with engine in the front and gearbox in the back

oval dash will be an 87, should really be a 2.7 at that age the 3.0 s2's were more 89/90 but with it being US market they may have had different engine options on different years.

Cant stand 924's and 944's personally. The choice is a late turbo IMO or better still get a 968 CS (basically a revamped 944)

Yup.

I'd be guessing myself tbh without checking, most people are unaware that the US E36 M3's used to run a modified M50 (the 320/323/328 code) lump, which was the same thing that alpina used to do with their dogshit B3.3's.

Thats the reason why, lol. I hate alpina's with a passion too, yes they are more rare than an M3 but personally I dont rate them at all.

Mk4 .:R32
mint. as said they are slow. had one in my 172 and they are pretty slow by todays standards too lol

williams and trophy
never really liked these or the 924s. both look horrible imo. 968..another story tho..lovely .

does look a mint example tho

They do have quite a few followers I do like them but at the end of the day there not a 911 which is probably half the problem.

Lionel Richie
why not is the answer, he has got 8 cars haha!

i have 4 cousins, so they have 1 each (all scoobs)
his every day car is a 1970's/80's E300 diesel merc
my aunt has a legacy
then there's the 4x4
the matiz
and a civic