ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

996 gt3 video.Manual gearbox ftw

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
bound to be some sort of aid to the driver for downshifts. or else he is a very very skilled man

Golf R soon...
Quality video! He overtakes loads of cars! Apparantly the car is a GT3 RS

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its a straight cut box you can hear it screaming its tits off, it wont even need the clutch to shift! yank it hard and it will shift...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
so you do... seems little point with a straight cut though... surely it slows him down even more.... and saying that he hardly moves his leg... doesnt look enough to depress the clutch?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
in cars like this when you gun it do you need to use the clutch to upshift?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Average compared to this. When F1 was a man's game.
[YOUTUBE]Sya39rhFu0c[/YOUTUBE]

Clio's
not all sequential boxes can be upshifted without the clutch. the 996 gt3 rsr with a sequential box can not be upshifted without the clutch whereas the 997 gt3 rsr can

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
The nature of a sequential box surely allows clutchless changes?

The dog toothed gears allowing hardly any mesh delay... they lock instantly.

Even traditional synched gearboxes in everyday cars can be changed with ease without using a clutch, the revs just have to be in the right place, or close enough.

Turbos.
I'm not sure exactly how it works, my dad's Elise has a quaife sequential that has a clutch. We were initially advised to use it, but laterly have been told using the clutch is a bad thing, causing wear. So as long as you match revs i think not using the clutch is fine, and that is what is happening in the video posted.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure exactly how it works, my dad's Elise has a quaife sequential that has a clutch. We were initially advised to use it, but laterly have been told using the clutch is a bad thing, causing wear. So as long as you match revs i think not using the clutch is fine, and that is what is happening in the video posted.

The video posted isn't a sequential gearbox though :S

Or did you just mean the rev matching?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its a straight cut gear box you can hear it screaming... its the same as a sequential in the way that you can change without a clutch and will make it last longer... that video looks to me like he is slipping the clutch a little to match the revs...

Black Gold Trophy
I used to work on these cars, quite amazing bits of kit.. I could change a clutch in the pitlanes in an hour and a half, the gear linkage on them is made up of two cables, they usually have an open cone filter with a big scoop above it.

Lionel Richie
its a straight cut gear box you can hear it screaming... its the same as a sequential in the way that you can change without a clutch and will make it last longer... that video looks to me like he is slipping the clutch a little to match the revs...

you can't slip the clutch on them! its not possible!

its an GT3 racer

just when you think you can drive well, have a look at that video LOL