ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a bee

they are tricky f*****s to shoot :( move to fast for me to track them

any way here is the best i could do
2701998828_78a5f07409_o.jpg

Arg tried to track a bee yesterday, they scare me, specially when using extension tubes, seems the MFD of the 17-55 is pretty good then? the bokeh looks great.

Found these guys easier to track :clown:, 0.000001mm DoF FTL :(

IMG_0046-PS-Small.jpg

B

Brown.

i had a dragon type fly land on me knee, all i could manage was thiss......done with reversing a 18-55mm....oh how i wished for a 150mm macro to fall out the sky :(

_MG_8929.jpg

172cup
cracking pic McB.... as everyone is ever critical on cs, why stop now... it looks like the focus is slightly further down than the bee, and more on the flower below it.

nice pic though....

Don't you love it when everyone else posts their "look at me, mines better" pics ?

its actually very oof if you pixel peep on the unedited picture

but i tried to remove that by overdoing the sharpening to make it look like it had an effect applied

hence me not been sure if i like it

i dont mind people posting better pics im not very good i know that its all part of the process as far as i care :)

cracking pic McB.... as everyone is ever critical on cs, why stop now... it looks like the focus is slightly further down than the bee, and more on the flower below it.

nice pic though....

Don't you love it when everyone else posts their "look at me, mines better" pics ?

ok ok i'll start a new thread, 'a hover' then big_peaches can start 'a drangonfly's head'... ;)

B

Brown.

nice pic though....

ok ok i'll start a new thread, 'a hover' then big_peaches can start 'a drangonfly's head'... ;)
if you read my words you will see that am saying mine is not better, and that i am stating having a macro lens is the way to go, as moments like those are spoilt without the right gear it was simply ment to be a....dont worry we all f**k up some times reply.......

nice pic though....

Nowt wrong with either of those things you mention in my opinion.

If you are trying to learn, people saying 'nice pics' regardless is the worse thing possible, criticism on here is almost always constructive which can only be a good thing.

I also think it's great when people add more to a thread, particuarly as for the most part we are all using relatively similar equipment (i.e. nobody appears to be using £3k bodies or £1000+ lenses), I'm always inspired by other shots, makes me want to work harder to improve.

For what it's worth I love the OPs shot, great colours and I can only imagine how hard that was to capture with a 55mm lens.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
a good trick with insects, is to find out where they regularly land etc.
Then make a little mixture of either honey or sugar and water...it should encourage them to stay around for longer.
Agreed when looking through macro lenses insects look HUGE AND SCARY, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY TAKE OFF TOWARDS YOU
It always makes me jump back a few feet lol

B

Brown.

I have just noticed PRIME lens make excellent macro when reversed, my 50mm 1.8 allows good depth of field from quiet far away, unlike the 55mm i used for the dragon fly which was about 10mm from the insect risking scaring it away.