ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed

clio 172 sport
want some advice on preping my beast for the winter? wat to use,how to use it,how often to use it and where to get it from? any advice welcome i want my motor gleaming :cool:

Mito Sportiva 135
I used:

Sonus clay
Chemical Guys extreme wash and wax
Autoglym super resin polish
Chemical Guys M sealant
Jeffs werkstatt acrylic jett trigger
Collinite 476S x 2

This should see me through winter/ nuclear holocaust :cool:

106 GTi
I went for in this order

Wash
Klasse All in One
Jeffs werkstatt acrylic jett trigger
Meguiars 16

IMG_4931.jpg

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/winter182/

Mito Sportiva 135
In that order mate.

Basically, you need at least a polish to clean the paint (I used the clay to thoroughly clean of all contaminants and strip back the wax). Having clean paint is the key to getting the sealant to bond to the surface - if this is not achieved the whole process is thoroughly compromised.

The sealant then forms a tough dureable layer over the polished surface (it's like a thin plastic layer) then this particular wax protects the paintwork like nobodies business! Other types of waxes are mainly for looks but the Collinite is very durable and still adds a great reflective shine. Shouldn't need to do much now apart from washing, quick detailing and a possible wax top up over the winter but that would be for looks rather than protection.

Hope that helps.