ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on a Drill

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Looking to purchase a drill, just for basic car work/bit of DIY, nothing crazy.

Have taken a bit of time to read various reviews and research, and have pretty much drilled (sorry!) it down to two at the moment...

Just wanted to get opinions on the above?

Does anybody have either?

Am also open to other suggestions too.

Budget is about £150 to include charger, battery etc as well. As I say, don't need anything crazy powerful.

Thanks,
Ash

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I got this set a few years ago. Can't really fault them for the odd job around the house/garage.

Mazda Rx8
The first is an impact driver and the second is a combi drill so different things. Depends on your usage for it really. For the car you'll probably want an Impact gun, for DIY home use you'll use the combi drill more, for driving screws the impact driver.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I’ve got this set and it’s worked perfect for putting a cabin together and all the usual drilling holes in some tough old walls over the last year.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Of the two posted I’d go with the Milwaukee as it’s got two battery’s and it’s easier to move around.

That said I’ve trashed a cheapo Toolstation own brand drill for the last two years on house refurbs and it refuses to die. Drilled some 22mm holes in tarmac with it the other day no bother.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I use the Dewalt XR range Ash, have you looked at those?
Should be inbudget and like much of the other kit, all batteries carry over to the rest of the range :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Stretch your budget and get Milwaukee stuff

Been using mine for a few months (I'm pretty rough on tools too) and they blow other brands out of the water. I've always used DeWalt or Makita and they're lacking in comparison

I got mine here - https://www.powertoolmate.co.uk/Products/004000060001/EB%2FM18FPD2-0?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy6jh2LG56gIVg5SyCh12pgD_EAkYAiABEgJlkvD_BwE
Glad you're enjoying them! Best thing I ever did was getting milwaukee stuff and staying within the same battery family.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you're enjoying them! Best thing I ever did was getting milwaukee stuff and staying within the same battery family.
Used my drill loads, wire wheeling s**t down, putting shelves and blinds up

It's had some hard graft for it's first few months 😂 It's no longer bright red, more of a brown/black 😂 😂

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This set should be more than good enough for what you need.