ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG Paint Renovator

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Rich ;)

Is this stuff any good? I got some with the 3 for 2, and fancy using it tomorrow. Anything I need to be aware of?

Cheers in advance

106 GTi
Use with care! What do you need to use it for?

I went through the clearcoat on my old 309 GTi trying to sort a scratch with it.

An old fashioned type abbrassive, ( like T cut but more user freindly) it keeps a fairly course cut no matter how long you work it for unlike some newer polishes which breakdown into a milder finishing polish as you work them. You will probably need to use a milder polish to use after it to remove the finer marks that it installs removing bigger ones.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Use with care! What do you need to use it for?

I went through the clearcoat on my old 309 GTi trying to sort a scratch with it.

An old fashioned type abbrassive, ( like T cut but more user freindly) it keeps a fairly course cut no matter how long you work it for unlike some newer polishes which breakdown into a milder finishing polish as you work them. You will probably need to use a milder polish to use after it to remove the finer marks that it installs removing bigger ones.

Got a few light scratches on the car, trying to attempt to blend the scratch with the paint around it.

Thinking of AG Bodywork conditioning shampoo...then SRP, then paint renovator, then SRP the bits I've done with the Paint Renovator, then EGP it once (or twice if I'm brave/weather holds out).

Definately don't intend to do the whole car...just small patch or 2, then treat and polish/protect.

106 GTi
Sounds a plan, see how the SRP brings it up first, Try a couple of applications of the SRP in the trouble areas before you crack open the Paint Renovator.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sounds a plan, see how the SRP brings it up first, Try a couple of applications of the SRP in the trouble areas before you crack open the Paint Renovator.

I've been using the SRP a few times...not perfect as they are light surface scratches...looks fine to me, but I know that the scratches are there...admittedly I've got a line in the door where the wind caught it and bounced it off an anti-ram raid bollard outside the local Currys store! :dead:

I think that the scratches were caused by a trolley in a supermarket car park...they're on the bumper/wing, so on the plastic rather than metal...I just don't want to mess anything up (can't cuss as Dave is checking the swear filter! ;))

106 GTi
Just use the Paint Renovator with care then mate. As a rule as long as you nail does not catch they should come out. Let us know how it goes - Will have a look Sunday for you anyway if you like?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Just use the Paint Renovator with care then mate. As a rule as long as you nail does not catch they should come out. Let us know how it goes - Will have a look Sunday for you anyway if you like?

I will tiptoe round it. Don't want to rush it and mess things up! Will be using the mf cloth, and no nails whatsoever! not even gonna put pressure on it, just rub it over gently and in small bits.

Don't worry about it on Sunday...we're there for a meet mate, and my bumper has oodles of layer peel...and stone chips!! Not expecting perfection...just wondering how good the stuff is, and thought I'd ask a man who knows...;)

Cheers mate, and see you Sunday.
Donny