ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air filter...Want more Noise HELLLP

I have a clio 2000 1.4 and i want more noise from the exhaust.... i have just drilled holes in the tube goin to the air filter and it does amke some difference but not enough.... i have been told i can tek of the air filter completely as well is there anything else i can do?

Cheers if ya can help me!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

DONT take the air filter completely off, it can, and would in time, destroy your engine

if you want noise id suggest the cotton gauze type filters such as Green & K&N

if you have any pics of your, or a similar cars engine bay then i can suggest whether a replacement element might be best for performance

FRST and 106 GTi

laz,

dont drive without an air filter. You can take it off just to listen to the intake noise... just for the fun of it, but dont drive with one.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Get an exhaust or (presumably) an induction kit if you want more noise. Pipercross panel filter makes no difference to the noise (I have one). Magnex exhaust is utterly brilliant! (I have one!!!!)

Well i have a revon Exhaust back box but its just for looks really it aint very noisy.....do you think i should change it and get a k&n then yea??

Should i buy a full exhaust magnex system or just a back box any recommendations???

Ill get a pic V.Soon ;)

It might even be remius back box!! Is there anyway of making the enigne faster? cheaply like a power boost valve is about £100 are they worth it? Or any other suggestions?

Or otherwise it might have to be an engine conversion get a gt turbo engine.....

nope heard they aint worth it mate... plus a full system will give u better noise than a backbox, i dont even have an induction kit (cause theyre sh*te) and mines noisy enough

BMW 320d Sport

If you want noise, nothing beats an open induction kit, straight through decat pipe and full cat back system. Cheapo back boxes like Peco are the best for loud 4" tailpipe exhausts. Youll lose loads of power but the noise will make you think youre going fast!

Unfortunately there is no cheap way to decent power. Nitrous oxide gives you the best VFM and youre looking at £600 to get started.

Skoda Fabia vRS

well ive got a Peco and i didnt notice any loss of power when i fitted it, mines fine, they have a bad reputation cos there cheap, but there pretty good quality tbh especially for the money