ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm for 172

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Hi, I temporarily live in a very sketchy area and my car could be targeted since some parts can sell for a bit more than most regular cars. I was thinking of installing an aftermarket alarm since I'm almost always home when the car is. Any of you have one on your car? What would you suggest?

Thanks.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Most or all 1*2s sold in the UK were fitted with an alarm/immobiliser I believe, they have interior motion sensors on the plastic A pillar trims of the car, does yours have the same (I know you're mainland Europe so may not have been standard fit)?
I'm of the opinion that if someone wants to steal something from your car enough (probably the cat if anything), they'll do anything to get it, alarm withstanding.

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Most or all 1*2s sold in the UK were fitted with an alarm/immobiliser I believe, they have interior motion sensors on the plastic A pillar trims of the car, does yours have the same (I know you're mainland Europe so may not have been standard fit)?
I'm of the opinion that if someone wants to steal something from your car enough (probably the cat if anything), they'll do anything to get it, alarm withstanding.
Is it the little know that looks like a mic on the pillar? I've seen it one videos but mine doesn't. I'm from France.

Yeah cats often get stolen around here... But I was more worried about wheels or the entire car being stolen.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they look like microphones, but they're motion sensors, I figured they were fitted by Renault UK rather than at the factory. Might be worth having something as a deterrent, perhaps a decent steering lock is the simplest solution?
I'd imagine aftermarket alarms are a pain arm/disarm and expensive, but I don't know a lot about them to be honest.
I have an AirTag hidden in mine as a rudimentary tracker, might be worth considering?

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Yeah they look like microphones, but they're motion sensors, I figured they were fitted by Renault UK rather than at the factory. Might be worth having something as a deterrent, perhaps a decent steering lock is the simplest solution?
I'd imagine aftermarket alarms are a pain arm/disarm and expensive, but I don't know a lot about them to be honest.
I have an AirTag hidden in mine as a rudimentary tracker, might be worth considering?
Yeah I thought about something like an Airtag too but heard they aren't very reliable...