ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm issue

Honda & VW
The alarm on my Fiance's 182 has decided to go off at late at night for the last 2 nights, strangely it's been at approx the same sort of time 2.30-3.00am.

Now Sunday night it went off so i grabbed the keys and ran to the window and disarmed it then armed it again. BUT then about 10 mins later it went off again so i had to go out and open and slam each door/boot. After doing this is was fine and allowed us to sleep thereafter.

Then last night when it sounded we disarmed it which then sounded a few beeps after doing so, then once re armed it was again fine for the rest of the night.

Now each time i know the doors have defo been shut properly, the first night it did snow quite a fair amount but last night there was no snow/rain or anything.

I initially thought perhaps battery but the trip computer is fine i.e. not resetting itself.

any idea's?

Da

Less
How many times did the alarm beep as this signifies which sensor was triggered.

Da

Less
2 Beeps. Additional sensor triggered. This shouldn't be an issue on a normal Clio alarm as the only sensors are on the bonnet doors and boot and the volumetric ones.

3 Beeps. Ultrasonic sensor triggered. These are the little sensors on the front door pillars.

If it is triggered again and you go down to the car, silence the alarm then get in the car. Look at the LED down by the gear lever. The number of times this blinks will tell you which sensor triggered the alarm. It will continue to blink until you put the key in the ignition.

Megane dci 130
Make sure the ultrasonics are pointing in a patturn where they meet on the centre rear seat.

Honda & VW
Right well after a few nights of it not going off it decided to go off last night (3.30am) so i pressed the keyfod to disarm it and was given 4 beeps.

what does this signify?

Megane dci 130
Something to do with seperating a white wire from the loom to stop interfirence to the ultra sonics iirc

RSC 182 Cup
If it was me I'd be getting the ultrasonics removed and replaced with a microwave motion detector. Ultrasonics are notorious for false alarming.

Honda & VW
My missus reminded me last night that only last year following alarm issues Renault had to replace the whole Alarm system (under warranty).

Now i would hazard a guess it's over 12 months ago so would this new system still be under some kind of warranty?