ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel clearance

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Morning folks, Ania's van has lost 3 tyres in 7 months and at £160 a tyre, it's getting a bit long in the tooth.

She's running 19" wheels (cheap chinese crap) and I want to buy her some 18"s - and I'm thinking some TD pro race 1.2.
The problem I'm faced with, is she is running aftermarket brakes from Forge Motorsport, which do state 17" or bigger alloys, however I seem to remember threads on here previously when running the Brembo Kits on 1*2's that some alloys foul and some dont.

This makes me slightly worried that if I drop £1k on alloys and tyres, there's a risk they may not fit...... So how do I ensure they do?

There's a guy selling some, with tyres, 3.5hrs away, but of course he doesn't reply to any messages, which is s**t, as I'd have been up there today gash in hand ready to do a buy if they fit.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Best gash price.....

Bricks & Mortar alloy shops dont seem to be a thing round here.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Can't help with advice, but is the guy selling them on FB ? If yes, the message might go in spam and he won't see if . Might be worth sharing the link so that we can send him a message if so.

Tea Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Team dynamics are good for fitting over brakes especially if you get a size over what thy claim

Easiest way is to buy some and test fit. If not you can always sell them on

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Team dynamics are good for fitting over brakes especially if you get a size over what thy claim

Easiest way is to buy some and test fit. If not you can always sell them on
I might pass the message on, will see how she behaves