ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another fault :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So my car was running s**t tonight, and the emissions is flashing.

Its intermittent though, sometimes good some times bad, got injector 3 fault code up. It come back each time its started.

So whats this then?

Is it definitley injector or could it be coil pack/plugs/ht leads?

Any idiot guides on how to test the above without buying parts?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not tried that tonight, really cant be bothered to remove then plenum.

Have took the HT leads off the coil pack one at a time and had a gander, does seem strange in there. 2 ports are sparking wildly, 1 lightly and 1 hardly. Might just buy a new one tomorrow and hope its that, anyone got any idea on cost?.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What a pile fo shite this car is.

Got even worse today when i went to pick the new coil pack up.

Fit the new coil pack and its still running shite, not as bad as earlier but just like yesterday.

So swapped the HT lead and spark plug around between cylinder 3 and 4 and the fault is still on cylinder 3.

So, is there an idiot proof way of testing the injectors?

PH1 172
What a pile fo shite this car is.

Got even worse today when i went to pick the new coil pack up.

Fit the new coil pack and its still running shite, not as bad as earlier but just like yesterday.

So swapped the HT lead and spark plug around between cylinder 3 and 4 and the fault is still on cylinder 3.

So, is there an idiot proof way of testing the injectors?

Does the car sometimes:
run ok then not accelerate properly?
Sounds like a scooby in a way?

I would say it's your injector mate as I had the same fault come up, got it changed and all ran smoothly again.

Think there is a way of testing it as I am pretty sure someone said they tested their one and warned me not to get fuel in your eye lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Swapped an injector and the fault moved with it so yes your right. Ordered one for tomorrow now.

And yep sounds just like a scooby lol