ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anti Glare screen

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't bother. It's better in some conditions but next to unusable in direct sunlight.

Plus, it gives your MBP an ugly silver border around the screen, which is even worse than the Maxi-Glare screen itself.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Don't bother. It's better in some conditions but next to unusable in direct sunlight.

Plus, it gives your MBP an ugly silver border around the screen, which is even worse than the Maxi-Glare screen itself.

PMSL. We can't have the aesthetics of the MBP ruined now, can we? But Chwissy's right. In all my years in IT, I've yet to come across a decent anti-glare screen. Privacy screens however are a different kettle of fish.

D.

Despite what people on here say, people who use the screen professionally (that doesnt include me of course) say the anti glare is better for serious work.

The glossy is awful in my opinion, even indoors you get horrible reflections everywhere which is really distracting. I have briefly used the my anti-glare outside on an overcast day and it was perfectly usable, my sisters glossy MBP was just ridiculous.

Some will also say the glossy screen gives better colour blah blah blah, but again, pros have done calibration tests and the anti glare is pretty much exactly the same.

Just search for comparisons between the two.

Personally I would never get any screen that is glossy, Apple have really dropped the ball when it comes to professional use displays, which is why the 27" and 30" LED displays get such awful reviews from people who use them professionally.

This photo pretty much sums it up for me:

4858-macbook_pro_side_by_side_outside_from_left_mg_9304_super.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I use a glossy MBP and 27" iMac 'professionally' with no issues.

That said, even if it was worse, I'd pick the glossy on the MBP purely because of the fugly border. lol.