ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any possible way

Of me keeping up with a mates 206cc. Its an automatic, but i presume its 16v as well. Would i ever be able to keep up with him? He has a bass box, could add a bit of weight. Or am i just dreaming?

There 2 different 206CC I think a 1.6 and 2.0 liter.

The 1.6 has 110hp the 2.0 138hp but its heavier than your car and auto doesnt help

strip 200kg out of your car ie seats carpets spare toolkit interior etc and your talking about similar power to weight so you should keep up till 60. you need more power rather power to weight however as the speed increases so 25hop of NOS should help ensure a win.

There always other little things you could do

1 - Flat shift ie dont lift of the throttle when your changing up

2 - Lower your car and beat them on the bends

No im very skinny, just wear no belts or shoes. What about if i fill his boot with bricks without him knowing? Does flatshifting work then??

Quote: Originally posted by EvilJohn on 11 March 2004

Ive heard flatshifting really f**ks up gearboxes, clutches and engine mounts! Not reccomended
It works but as John says doesnt do much for the car but there no medal for second best in his race. Ive driven courtesy cars like this once or twice and it will get you a bit more speed.

200kg is a lot but striping the car should do it.

Spare wheel and tool kit is 30kg I think. Seats 20kg.

Then get some smaller wheels for a lower top speed but better acceleration.

But a 25hp shot of NOS should go the trick as your tlaking about the same power to weight before you strip it out.

Drop the clutch from the readline will get you some more speed fast gear changes will help even more.