ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

any way to speed up de-misting or stop window misting.

J

jakm15

with it becoming cooler now the inner glass becomes really misted up and is a pain when your in a rush. i dont like wiping the window because it make a mess once its dried. is there any way to reduce the misting or speed up the de-misting.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Check the pollen filter. If its manky it will make it slower! Other than that, blowers on full mate!

J

jakm15

could prove a problem after a couple of minutes though . . . its usually misted up before i get it, unless ive got a tramp living in my car somewhere.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I always close all the dash vents so that I know 100% of the air is being directed at the windscreen and turn the air right down as cold as it'll go (more air flow).

The first part of my car to demist are always the wing mirrors; they are ridiculously good heated mirrors.

J

jakm15

I always close all the dash vents so that I know 100% of the air is being directed at the windscreen and turn the air right down as cold as it'll go (more air flow).

The first part of my car to demist are always the wing mirrors; they are ridiculously good heated mirrors.

no fancy heated mirrors for me just have to wipe them.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

My mirrors take ages to clear.

Cooksport Fleet
get some warm water, add a small amount of fairy liquid (just a tiny amount, and it has to be fairy liquid other brands dont seem to work very well, citrus ;) ) use a cloth and wipe ur windows in the inside.

Let them dry.

And they wont mist up :)

Thats what we do on the race cars works every time :)

Renault Sport Clio 182
i allways found the halfrauds demist stuff to be better thean the rainx but both are pretty good if applied correctly.