ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anybody been to any BRSCC events?

As above really, noticed tickets for BRSCC at Cadwell are really cheap, just wondered if anybody has been and took any photos at a BRSCC event before?

http://www.brscc.co.uk/
http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/157.html

Event description:
This meeting features:
BRSCC alfashop Alfa Romeo Championship (DH)

Dunlop TVR Challenge (DH)

Motorlawyers Fiat Racing Challenge (DH)

Ma5da MX5 Championship (DH)

BRSCC Mighty Mini Championship

BRSCC Super Mighty Mini Championship

Looks a good place to practice some motorsport photography. Have visited Cadwell before so have a few ideas for shooting places.

First and only BRSCC event I've been to is the Britcar 24hr, which, sadly, is not taking place this year :(

Most "club" motorsport events (such as organised by BRSCC, DDMC..) have fantastic racing and generally smaller crowds, therefore better access to paddocks, pits, viewing areas, and photography hotspots. 750MC events are very popular too - Stock Hatch Championship has 35+ grids, etc etc.

Sounds good to me, for £12 in it's worth it. Plus from looking at shots on flickr from cadwell, the sigma 55-200mm is more than enough range for the places I'm thinking of shooting. In fact, at the mountain, the shots I've seen were taken below 55mm, according to the EXIF data.

Oil Burner
No idea what Cadwell is like to shoot, however these low cost series are excellent fun to photography/spectate. I would go as far as to say you see more good racing in one of these meetings than a whole BTCC meeting.

Worth £12 thats for sure!

That's a bold statement, last season's BTCC was quite action packed from the TV footage (I watch it live on the box as often as possible.)

I did think that there would be plenty of action at a more grassroots level, lot's of hopefuls wanting to make a name for themselves etc.