ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone else starting to get concerned...?

BMW E46 330i Touring
This rain's been around for a couple of weeks at least now, if it stays for that long again it'll be FCS time with no chance to get the car looking good.

That, and working all the time, means I'm running out of time...

80MPG BEEZA
yea i've been thikning this! i ave this week left at work then a week off to get the car ready, if it rains mid way through the week or on the way down its going to ruin the car

Its quite good all this rain will mean all the owners on here who are dedicated to cleaning cars won't look any cleaner than my car. And I've not washed mine since Boxing day.

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Doesn't the rain clean your car? I think it will dry up towards the end of next week, or I'm starting to build my ark.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yea i've been thikning this! i ave this week left at work then a week off to get the car ready, if it rains mid way through the week or on the way down its going to ruin the car

you've booked a week off work to clean your car for a car show?!
seems a bit extreme...!

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Its quite good all this rain will mean all the owners on here who are dedicated to cleaning cars won't look any cleaner than my car. And I've not washed mine since Boxing day.

a man who talks sense. I used to wash my old 172 once in a blue moon. Wax'ing and polishing puts me in a bad mood coz of bits i miss or takes to long.

hmm could be popping up to my old mans garage in cheltenham so that i can pc it in doors next weekend then

BMW E46 330i Touring
Haven't had much rain today, been quite nice.

I don't clean my car that often, but I do like to give it the works when I do clean it. After all, it's one of the most expensive things you'll ever buy so it's only right to care for it.

I've got this Tuesday off and then working through to the Friday before FCS. That will be my only cleaning day so it better be a nice weekend!

Saying that, it absolutely hammered it down on the Saturday last year, but the cars all looked nice the following day after some car park tlc...

Golf R/Leon FR
i was cleaning my car today for the first time in ages and staring thunder and lightening lol washed the car but only one wheel!! lol

106 GTi
I need half a day of dry weather to finish polishing and sealing mine -then there is all the other bits to do. Though after spending a day at a show in the rain all day today will be skipping FCS if it is raining as it is no fun.

Clio 197

it didn't looks too bad when I saw your car lol

80MPG BEEZA

you've booked a week off work to clean your car for a car show?!
seems a bit extreme...!

I booked a week off because i had to use a week off between certain weeks so i thought id use it before fcs to make sure its clean/mechanically right before heading down and i can relax have a few drinks through the week, and i get paid for being off, then back to work for 4 weeks then another fortnight off!

pug 106 rallye S2
just egp'd mine and have wax on order... gotta see mr bodyshop before fcs just bought the car and really want to get rid of the annoying little dents in rear quarter damn women and shopping(bought car off a lass and every lass i know, loves shopping hence in lots of car parts hence damn little dents!! grr)
have sat off before so planning on a was n wax then...
whats the quickest way of getting it looking good when i get there, have a bottle of megs quick detailer any good?

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
nothin wrong with takin a week off to sort out the car. ive done the same, i've taken a week off as mine needs all sorts doin to it. im helpin batman with his and he's helpin me with mine. bonus

ITB BG 182
what he said , rain is defo a downer atm :lolup:
yea because rain dont go up ya plonker.

So what if it rains on the day, just a quick wash will do me as long as it looks clean sod the rest.
If its pouring it down then i might sod the cleaning altogether an go for the rally **** look with mud up the sides

80MPG BEEZA
just do other jobs that the rain wont effect e.g engine bay and interior

i managed to grab a couple of hours to start detailing my engine bay as it needs a good clean got quite alot done but its in the garage on thursday full of greasy fingers, i'd do my interior but plenty of time next week :)

just the rain and doing my bodywork im worried about :(