ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone fitted a superchip?

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
i know theres been lots of discussions about superchips, and how much extra bhp u get, but has anyone actually had 1 fitted to a clio 182, and if so is it really worth the 300 odd quid? for an extra 8-10 bhp

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Geoff on here is a fiiter, distributor for them. and you won't get 8-10 bhp. Just a smoother curve.

Evo Tommi Mak
i have had a super chip fitted to my 172 and i must say i was pretty pleased with it. all ive got is a bmc ind kit de cat and zorst and the chip and its running 189 bhp so i really cant complain

pmurray said:
So how come we got 13 on a back to back test?

Paul
Was the car modified in any other ways from standard? was it always a quick one? Are these ATW gains? Also was this a safe remap (no personal insult intended but the 172/182 engine have some unusual habits making loads of power when they are running dangerous lean)

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
edde said:
Was the car modified in any other ways from standard? was it always a quick one? Are these ATW gains? Also was this a safe remap (no personal insult intended but the 172/182 engine have some unusual habits making loads of power when they are running dangerous lean)

The car had a very badly fitted Viper kit as it was pointing at the radiator with about 1 inch of play! also had a magnex back box. The map was checked 100% and was totally safe. The car ran 172 std and 185 after(FW), both were run within 45 mins and adaptive was reset on both occasions. I would like to do a totally stock car to see the gains but i am confident of at least 10hp :D .

Cheers

Paul