ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone going to contest the RS tuner kit??

Most claimed good mods and engine tuners on here all have their haters but whenever anyone mentions the RS Tuner kit it always gets 100% respect and praise from folk but no offence, it seems to be from folk who have a induction kits and a exhaust and rarely does a RS Tuner topic get views from folk who are classed as the experts on here if you know what i mean.

Would be interesting to know the views of this kit from the resident ClioSport.net experts??

Most folk claim to feel a difference but has anyone had a before and after rolling road result for example ??

Is this kit now the way forward OR is it just simply a value for money way of mapping a Clio Sport??

For those of you with a RS Tuner:
What engine mods have you got and did you have any conventual mapping done prior to buying and downloading the RS Tuner map?? eg piggy back / standalone / ecu mapping ?

Clio 172 Cup
ask greeny 172 as he bought one of these kits about 9-12 months ago and remember speaking to him about it but it would be nice to hear how he rates it now some time has passed.

may be worth doing a search on this as its been discussed quite a bit a while ago.

Cheers mate.

I have searched it but there isnt much imput on from the ''experts'' side of the fence which is strange for a mod that gets such high regard from the general.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah this seems to get spoken about very often these days! There seem to be many threads about it thats for sure.

Anyway, my view is that the RSTuner kit is great value for money considering for the same gr_N generic map from a tuner will cost you around £300 fitted. Also the RSTuner Pro kit gives you a custom map for your car for a few pounds more.

Yes Deep Dish I think most people with this kit do only have filters/de-cat & stainless systems but that covers probably about 70% of all sport owners if not more?! Plus Henk has written maps for customers with cams who are very happy with the results, there is a guy on here but for the life of me I cant remember his username :(

As far as experts giving their views, I dont know if anyone has bought one to review it?! And tbh why do "folk who have a induction kits and a exhaust" say its a good product... because it is. We dont say it for fun we say it because its true and from what we have experienced with it.

Im going to get my car Rolling Roaded this year, so hopefully ill be able to load my standard map for the first run and the RSTuner gr_N for the second, when I have a laptop that doesnt need to run off mains power :)

End of the day if you have cams and want abit more piece of mind from a live map its going to cost you alot more to get that done and yeah maybe you might see a few more bhps, I dunno.

Imo this is THE best kit for mildy modded cars, due to the value, performance increase and after sales.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
It is not black magic. Henk totally alters the ignition and timing maps to perfectly suit your car.

RSTuner is the best mapping tool in the market. You can record PA data. I am getting consistent and good 124 kW's ATW figures.

Forgot to mention

My car has

cams + usual breathing mods + port matching

Strongly suggest him and his maps.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
yeah and Henk IS the expert.

Also to confirm, the RSTuner kit you can use generic maps from the site which work great for filter/de-cat/exhaust, but with the RSTuner Pro kit you can get Henk to create a map for your car :)

ValverInBits
218 euros is currently £165. can the pro kit really be had for £165 quid? Do we know how much shipping is? and do the maps cost extra. For instance if I were to fit Cams and wanted a new map, does that cost extra?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
It is also better for you to have a wideband sensor connected to it. Sending as much data will help him to understand how your car reacts to. I have got a separate inno unit which allows me to see how AFR changes through the RPM range.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
See my original thread about a back to back test, basically I've not noticed any difference.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=278933

I've loaded the latest map on to see if it is any different, need to put the standard back on now to see if there's a difference as I'm more likely to notice a drop in performance.

It is not black magic. Henk totally alters the ignition and timing maps to perfectly suit your car.

Not for the masses he hasn't, whenever I've contacted him as nice as he is (cannot fault this customer service skills!) he takes a look at my logs but doesn't do anything special to the maps, I just get to use the ones on his site.

Would I recommend the kit? Hard to say, the logging stuff is quite cool.

BMW M135i
218 euros is currently £165. can the pro kit really be had for £165 quid? Do we know how much shipping is? and do the maps cost extra. For instance if I were to fit Cams and wanted a new map, does that cost extra?

Its £180 posted for the pro kit iirc.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive found the latest map (Feb 08) much better than the first one I loaded tbh :)

RenaultSport clio 182
I bought one last week, the only mods on my car are an ITG panel filter and a sports cat (it is a FF 182). My original ecu software was ver 8000, i have updated it and the cal file to ver 8100 off the fastchip site. I must say i am very impressed with the results, i havn't had it on a rolling road or anything but there is definitely more pull in all gears and much better idle. I would highly recommend it, also if you have any problems i found Henk to be very helpful.