ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anything to be wary of with domain trusts?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We've got two seperate domains at work, ironically, for no specific reason whatsoever. Over the years, they have grown and are physically connected via the network.

We share a few folders and the odd printer, but nothing major.

As both domains are Windows 2003 Standard Server domains, are there any key risks or issues we'd have in get a full blown trust setup between the two?

Each domain is on it's own subnet, so the allocation of DHCP requests shouldn't be a problem. On paper (and from what I've read) - trusting domains is a very straight-forward and common process. But I just have a niggling doubt about it!

Any comments, feedback or suggestions would be much appreciated. :cool:

Cheers!

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Trusts are easy - don't sweat it. The only issue you'd come across is trying to merge the domains - that'd be a bit of a nightmare.

Trusts will be easy - just got to sort group memberships out if you want people to be able to log on to the machines on each side.

We did it at my old place, never had any issues. Fairly easy to reverse if any problems IIRC?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. The group membership side of things will probably require a bit more investigation, I think. :)

Merging the domains is miles off yet - if ever, really.

D.