ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ARRRGGGHH Bonnet wont open

Clio 1.4 16V
Got a clio that was accident damaged and couldnt get the bonnet open, eventually a friend who was fixing the car managed to by taking the bonnet off as there was no wing on, so i trailed to scrapyard got another catch and cable, fitted it and closed the bonnet, and no it wont open again, Triied for hours and its doing my head in, the wing is now on the car so cant take the bonnet off and cant seem to get anywhere under the car, HELP tried a screwdriver not sure where to undo.

The cable is now knackered due to me getting frustated.

Where should i be prodding the screwdriver lol.

Please help. Im getting desperate.

Clio 1.4 16V
Well managed to get it open, what i had to do was undo the wing bolts near the door so could pull wing back (good job they are plastic) and undo the bonnet bolts, bonnets now looser and can put hand underneath bonnet and latch opens easier. Wings a bit cracked on the edge where the bolts go but thats covered up by the bonnet.

Rang renault up and my car isnt due a recall, so now need to get another bonnet cable, how much for a new one from renault? And to keep the latch tiptop what should i do, heard about copper grease but where do i put it?

Thnks

Matt