ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Astra Coupe

A well built VW
Would you drive it ?

Carpicsb4surgery002.jpg

Looks a bit chavvy eh!!!

Til you see this in the engine bay 6.0l V8 mmmmmm

CopyofEnginebaypics001.jpg

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
will be the only one in the world when its finished. bitt ott with the kit but hell yeah id drive it

That kit looks to be a dtm style kit, that's how they looked. They have that engine in them too.

astra08.jpg25ffc2bc-f604-4d94-93e2-2f317dcf61d3Large.jpg

Nice idea in principle, but in reality, it's awful. They could have done soo much better with it.

astra coupe on coilovers
thats a mate of mine pete the cars been in the making for ages now its sounds very bloody ferousious i wouldnt say it was ruined matey 1st ever rwd hsv engined astra coupe in the world :) the bodykit was bought due to the wheels sticking out so far but i agree with use it does look abit chavvy but who would expect to have a hsv engine in it lol

Elise/VX220/R26
Theres a big thread on pistonheads about the build on that car. Some serious work has gone into it. Its a genuine shame its been finished off so tastelessly.

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
without a shadow of a doubt id drave that looks minted love that colour. only dis like the side skirts

Golf R soon...
I think it would look a lot better black!

Though I do like that racing blue colour!

Monaro VXR
RWD and an LS2 Corvette engine...does it matter what it looks like when you are driving it? Plus no one will see you long enough to say it looks bad.

I would drive that...shame it looks like there isn't enough room for a blower though.

astra coupe on coilovers
the project started because pete got in touch with hsv and they said a indicator stalk wouldnt fit a coupe so he fitted it then they said it was impossible to fit the engine in a coupe so he did it lol

^
He sounds like a nutter !!

They should have told him it would look crap in that blue, oh wait !!! it does !!;)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I has to be wide, Vee style, or the wheels would stick out miles. MASSIVE bravo for the engineering involved.

Dan

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
what a weapon, wonder if this would beat the regal autosport C20 BOM bus that kicks around livi way? Its running 400bhp aparently

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Kyle, your speaking alot of crap.
You dont know Pete any better than I know your mum.
He didnt fit the kit cos the wheels stuck out too far - he bought the kit first then dealt with the wheel offset. He has had the kit fitted for years when he had a big BHP Z'Let fitted.
Pete doesnt have a GT3 RS either.
The indicator stalk wasnt the reason the LS lump was fiitted either.

Back to the subject matter - The car is faultless. He has had some teething isues and storage matters, but the project is very much still underway.

astra coupe on coilovers
Kyle, your speaking alot of crap.
You dont know Pete any better than I know your mum.
He didnt fit the kit cos the wheels stuck out too far - he bought the kit first then dealt with the wheel offset. He has had the kit fitted for years when he had a big BHP Z'Let fitted.
Pete doesnt have a GT3 RS either.
The indicator stalk wasnt the reason the LS lump was fiitted either.

Back to the subject matter - The car is faultless. He has had some teething isues and storage matters, but the project is very much still underway.
who are you speaking to you c**k i didnt say how i knew him i was going off what ive been told and dont even mesion my mum c**k head ;)

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
PM replied to Kyle.
Although no need for the inaccuracies again - im not a cockhead, purely putting your bad information right.

RenaultSport 172.
theres one that drives in the local village where i live...dont know what engine it is, but hes got that kit on and 19'' BBS splits..

Corsa C SRi
racing blue?

sorry to be a vauxhall nerd here, but it looks like VX Aruba blue to me.

Unless he has actually resprayed it a renault colour then fair play to him:)
either way tis a gorgeous colour

The astra extreme kit works well.
Vx produced a few of these at 400 ish bhp.
Rare is not the word, replica's are the only way tbh.

Although the 400hp standard vx ones arent v8's im pretty sure they are tuned up zlet engines