ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TTS - pics enclosed.

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Only launched last week, and highly in demand - I got my hands on this fresh example with a few miles on the clock.:)

I have already given forecasted residual values on this product, but having a physical vehicle is always good to either reconfirm opinion or readjust should you see fit.

As expected, it drives beautifully with plenty of power (260ps). Exhaust note was deep. Not boomy or obtrusive - just right. Brakes took a little while to get used to as there not progressive, more of a punch in the face. Leathered dash binnacle was also a nice touch8)
Only gripe was that I thought the steering was a touch light - although i have had a heavy 300C for a week so no wonder:rolleyes: ...

Could I justify the extra £7k over a 2.0T FSi Coupe S tronic? probably.

Pictures speak for themselves...

1994379a3f061aa4f29167c9afe87a2bd2b3794.jpg

199437454b23d90c0e7f0310c1d0d1c654128a1.jpg

199440055a6dcd36796f2175dd98a6629116add.jpg

1994438cb064a32a0097ee1d96691e6c4967e4a.jpg

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
nice, wrong colour and too light an interior for me though.

Promotional material shows red and white exterior finishes. I agree Black isnt the best colour to show it off in - although the interior complimented the exterior imo.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
lovely car, much better than the older ones. as said don't like the black, but then again i wouldn't be complaining!

nice looking car

i saw one yesterday, at first when i saw it form a distance i thought it was an r8 because it had the front lights

iv never heard of the tts before, i just assumed the lights were an option on the normal tt

ST
Smart..

Mapped with a milltek should see it around 300 brake mark i'd think...then add a proper front mount it'd be a proper machine!!

Snotter's
Awesome mate, i was very tempted to spunk up the extra cash over my s3 when i collected it and saw this in the showroom.

I would say its worth the extra over the 2.0 tfsi,no comparison at all!!!!!!

Also these will wipe the floor with a tt sport 240.

I have mine booked in to statler next week for the GIAC Hammer re-map 330 bhp here i come.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Smart..

Mapped with a milltek should see it around 300 brake mark i'd think...then add a proper front mount it'd be a proper machine!!

The 230bhp standard spec 2.0T FSis make over 300bhp from a map - ISTR from reading Evo that this 260bhp version has an uprated everything, inc the turbo, so I reckon with that work you just described you'd be looking at closer 340bhp you know...

I like that one though - SO, SO much nicer than the old joke of a TT that was the previous model. I saw one of those ones like ColinG bought the other day, the black roof 2 seater one, the RS or something? Did nothing for me at all. I could comfortably said I'd rather have my R27.

Dan

cock mobile.
Review in Top Gear mag didn't rate it, said the lower models or even the TDi version(s) are the way to go.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Surely though, a TDi defeats the point of a TT for 95% of buyers, who just wanna pose around? Because let's face it, you can't pull up outside your trendy wine bar with your tractor engine clattering. Not so bad when you arrive and it's warm, but when you come to leave...

Dan

Elise S1 B&C 140
The girlfriends mum has ordered one of these to be delivered on the 1st September - Red with full black leather :cool:

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
a white convertible came steaming past me the other day, had never heard of a TTS till now!! Looked stunning, no number plates on it tho!!!

Snotter's
Smart..

The 230bhp standard spec 2.0T FSis make over 300bhp from a map - ISTR from reading Evo that this 260bhp version has an uprated everything, inc the turbo, so I reckon with that work you just described you'd be looking at closer 340bhp you know...

I like that one though - SO, SO much nicer than the old joke of a TT that was the previous model. I saw one of those ones like ColinG bought the other day, the black roof 2 seater one, the RS or something? Did nothing for me at all. I could comfortably said I'd rather have my R27.

standard GTI wont just map to over 300 as they have a smaller turbo,smaller intercooler and diff internals.

This engine will map to around 330 (same engine as my s3) i will post some graphs of my results

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
He does say the 230bhp standard spec so I assume he means the Ed 30 fella

Chris

Yea I meant the Ed 30. These new 260bhp versions of that engine (as in this TT) have a whole different set of bits again! So I'd expect a remap to give the same sorta gain - plus the extra 30bhp over the Ed30 - so maybe actually with the big IC and Miltek you'd be looking at 350bhp...?

Snotter's
He does say the 230bhp standard spec so I assume he means the Ed 30 fella

Chris

Yea I meant the Ed 30. These new 260bhp versions of that engine (as in this TT) have a whole different set of bits again! So I'd expect a remap to give the same sorta gain - plus the extra 30bhp over the Ed30 - so maybe actually with the big IC and Miltek you'd be looking at 350bhp...?

Yeah sorry dude just re-read your post, the ed30 and the s3/tts lump are near identical. The ed30 has a smaller i/c (not enough to make a difference) and a different map. I guess they didnt want the ed30 to be to close to the r32.

nice car, except i dont really like the rounded arches and wheels.. the steering wheel looks nice though. from the rear the car looks moist

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not a fan. Don't like the wheels at all, and they can keep chucking power at them as much as they want, until they give them decent steering they just feel like driving a slightly lower golf.