ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AutoGlym Extra Gloss Protection

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I gave my car a good wash, poish, wax and EGP the other week and was wondering if I want to wax the car again with Chemical Guys Cherry Wax, do I need to re-apply the AutoGlym EGP.

Also do I wax the car before or after the EGP treatment.

ST
Remember any sealant is applied to lock in the luster/shine and protect so anything you put over the top is just topping up the shine and also the protection depending on what product you use....what colour is your car mate??

ST
Cool....have you tried chemical guys xxx hardcore wax....it goes very well indeed on silver!

106 GTi
Most waxes look good on Silver, I would top the EGP with Meguiars 16 from Alex at http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk for winter time.

Now you have waxed you cant add more laters of EGP over the wax, always worth getting two or three coats of the EGP down first IMO.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Thanks for the advice guys, looks like I have a busy weekend with my car and the Mrs's car.

Rich- Ive been looking around for waxes etc and there are sooo many different types. Would you be able to quickly describe what each of these does and which ones are necesarry, what order to apply thm etc.

Polishes
Sealents
Glazes
Cleansers
Waxes

All of these say they give an ultimate wet look shine but which do i need to get the best finish, how to apply them (what order, number of coates etc), and which are the best manufacturers/models, in each category.

Many many thanks.

106 GTi
I posted what I use in that other thread of yours. What they do:

Polishes - remove defects swirl marks and defects if there are not to deep.

Sealant - Protect the paint and should out last waxes.

Glazes - add depth, weetnes and gloss to the paint, and some help tohide defects.

Cleaners/Paint Cleaners - use chemical cleaners rather then abbrassives like polishes do to remove oxidisation etc, giving clean smooth paintwork when used in conjunction with clay. Ideal to use when you dont want or need to use an abbrassive polish. Some are also designed to allow sealsnts to bond to the paint to last longer.

Waxes - also protect paint, as a rule look nicer than most sealants, at the cost of durability, they as a rule never last as long as a good sealant.

For this reason it is good to add a sealant base for protection, and top with a Wax for looks.

Wash
Clay
Paint Clean/Polish
Seal
Wax